Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 17-09-05, 08:28   #1
Celephais

Hi everyone,

I got Tomb Raider 4 some months ago and I got as far as Coastal Ruins, before my computer got some bad Windows error and I had to re-install everything on it. That included TR4 and gamesaves.

I've ben playing TR3 a lot recently but having finished that I turned again to TR4. I didn't want to re do all the levels before Coastal Ruins so I did all the skip level cheats (an awful system IMO I might add! The earlier Tomb Raiders had better sytems)

But I've run into some problems. I've found that on some levels, like the one featuring the Egyptian Adverture tourist thing, I can't climb up onto ledges. Remember the room with the eyes that you had to shoot to get a token dispensed? The ledge that you have to use to get out of there won't let me got through. I can get Lara to grasp the edges of the ledge okay, but when I press forward to try to get her to climb onto the ledge nothing happens. I can shimmy along the ledge but I still can't actually climb onto the ledge. I know that you can actually climb onto the ledge in normal situations but maybe doing level skips has caused a bug. I had to do level skip again to overcome the bug and progress to the next level.

And I'm currently on the next level, in the coastal ruins area where there's a hanging boulder and a flaming braizier nearby. The walkthrough says that I have to climb onto the ledge near the boulder, and you guessed it, I can't climb onto it. I've run into a proverbial brick wall.

I've tried downloading gamesaves from the intenet as a help, but they simpy cause the game to crash.

If anyone has any ideas of how to overcome this I'd be very grateful, it's very annoying. As is it right now to actually complete the game am I going to have to resort to level skips from now on? What fun is that?!
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-05, 12:51   #2
Neteru

Hi Celephais, and welcome to the forum.

With such ledges, you have to press the crouch button and forward. Then Lara will climb into the crawlspace.
Neteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-05, 13:58   #3
Celephais

Thanks!I'm embarrased now It's been quite awhile since I last played Tomb Raider and I'd totally forgotten.
Old 17-09-05, 15:33   #4
Neteru

Don't worry, the introduction of having to press crouch has caught lots of people out, including myself.
Neteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-05, 19:23   #5
Chocolate

This is why AOD is alot better. You don't need to press crouch to climb into hatches, you don't need to turn around and hang from crouching, etc etc. In fact AOD's control system is good, why do people say it's impossible to control Lara? o_0

Quote:
Originally posted by Celephais:
And I'm currently on the next level, in the coastal ruins area where there's a hanging boulder and a flaming braizier nearby. The walkthrough says that I have to climb onto the ledge near the boulder, and you guessed it, I can't climb onto it. I've run into a proverbial brick wall.
The one inside the building in Coastal Ruins? Well for me, there's a torch near the fire area which you have to light using the fire. Then you have to burn the boulder ropes by jumping on the rope-wheel thingy near the ladder.

When I forgot to release the boulder and I jumped on the ledge near the crawlspace, I got ran over by the boulder. 0_0 is that a bug?
Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-05, 15:48   #6
Angelus
Inactive

Oh my god!! I got stuck there again!! And then I read this totally knew!!
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-05, 18:55   #7
robofish

Quote:
Originally posted by Chocolate:
This is why AOD is alot better. You don't need to press crouch to climb into hatches, you don't need to turn around and hang from crouching, etc etc. In fact AOD's control system is good, why do people say it's impossible to control Lara? o_0
Because rather than doing what she's told to, she prefers to 'take hints' from the buttons you press, rather than allow you to straight-up dominate her.

"I'm coming up to the edge of a platform. I'd best stop."

PLAYER LETS GO OF BUTTON, LARA KEEPS RUNNING FOR SEVERAL SECONDS AND RUNS OFF LEDGE INTO A BURNING ROOM FULL OF LIONS AND RAZORWIRE BEFORE GETTING A FISHING HOOK CAUGHT ON HER FINGER
robofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-05, 15:33   #8
Celephais

Wow, I first posted that topic just over a month ago and already it seems like half a lifteime!