Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 06-10-20, 15:25   #1
Catapharact

Thumbs up TRF Virtual Halloween Costume Party

Happy Spooky Month Everyone!

Halloween is one of those Holidays that has quite the prominent cultural presence in North America and has been getting quite popular over the years in many nations overseas (including Non-Western ones like Japan.)

While a lot of folks might not be into Halloween due to cultural or personal reasons, I figured that since anything fun has been officially cancelled due to COVID, we can have a TRF International Halloween Costume Party to get the good mood going .

The rules are simple:

- Post a picture of yourself in a full Halloween Costume on October 31 in this thread.

- What do I mean by a full Halloween Costume? Well, I mean you really need to commit yourself to putting together a costume that consists of more than just a Halloween Plastic Mask. Think of it as a Mini-Cosplay event; Think of a theme or character you like and really commit yourself to dressing up as that character.

Our Household has a tradition where we pick a theme for a Halloween Event and ask everyone attending the party to dress up as a character related to that theme. This was me from our Phantom of the Opera Theme Party:

- Given that this is a Tomb Raider forum, I am expecting a lot of Lara Croft costumes for obvious reason . Please keep in mind that there are other options out there. Lets keep things interesting and mix it up a bit.

- Most importantly: Follow the rules of the forum people. Nothing too risqué (no slutty Coronavirus costumes please,) nothing too politically edgy and nothing that constitutes as a violation of forum T&C.

Other than that, have fun! And I'll see you all in costumes in this thread on October 31 .
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 16:00   #2
Fantasy

I hope the guy you’ve been posting pictures of for the last 15 years knows about it
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 17:38   #3
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Cool look Catapharact.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 18:40   #4
HarleyCroft

Yay for Halloween!
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 18:20   #5
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Yay for Halloween!
Cannot wait to check out the costumes on Halloween. Cannot post pictures, but do have a “shark” costume for my cat.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 02:49   #6
HarleyCroft

I finished painting my boots today!

It's a little cliched but I loooove cosplaying as red-and-black themed Harley Quinn and I'm doing a totally new look this year

They're a much deeper red than in the picture. I don't define myself as a photographer
Old 09-10-20, 15:57   #7
Catapharact

We have our first picture of a soon to be finished Costume set . Good stuff Harley .
Old 09-10-20, 18:48   #8
HarleyCroft

^Thanks
Your costume is looking great!

Edit- Also painted a star on the sides of a generic scary clown mallet

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 14-10-20 at 01:58.
Old 19-10-20, 16:55   #9
Catapharact

Arrow

Awesome stuff! Its great to see your costume coming together . If you get the opportunity, be sure to post the finished results if you get the chance .

Unfortunately, a lot of items that I needed for this year's costume for me have been delayed in shipping due to COVID. So I am going to have to fall back to Plan B; Using a variant of the costume that I wore in 2013.

This was my costume from the Zombie Walk from 2013 as a Zombie Apocalypse Survivor/Enforcer. Notice how the vest had a tendency of loosely hanging off the shoulders because I needed to gain a lot of upper body mass:

Now that I have gained the necessary upper body mass, the vest fits snuggly.