Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 24-12-16, 23:03   #21
Nicklander

Amazing work !
Good to know that you collaborate with godmodder !
I kinda agree with Lwnte. Without the sourcecode of TRNG (or at least some insights) you won't be able to include TRNG compatibility. Even if Paolone is an amazing person, I think he won't share any information with you. You'd better focus on vanilla TRLE and OpenTomb project.

Keep it up & Merry Christmas !
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-16, 23:28   #22
Caesum

Just ask Paolone to share it with you. Once he sees your editor I'm sure he will support it.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-16, 01:58   #23
Boobandie

Dont let TRNG hold you back. Paolone has done amazing work with the classic engine, we will forever appreciate it for shaping and maintaining this community, but it will always be restricted by it. A proper opensource engine SHOULD make things like TRNG and FLEP obsolete by doing everything they can and more.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-16, 09:29   #24
LGG_PRODUCTION

Will Tomb Editor have diagonal walls and dynamic light & shadows?
This would be cool
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-16, 10:22   #25
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

@LGG_PRODUCTION
New editor will have in the future diagonal walls but the priority now is building a full working TRLE clone as it is now Huge task, this morning I was inspecting around the box, overlaps and zones algorithm. Dynamic lights are not possible (because is an engine related question) but if open source engines will be completed we can add them to the editor.

@Boobandie
TRNG is great, its only problem is that is based on a closed source binary. But I respect its work and the next step after releasing the editor TRLE-compatible will be releasing the editor TRNG-compatible
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-16, 17:30   #26
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

Paolone will help me. He answered me today
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 07:11   #27
leveldesigner1

Default Tomb Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
Can you do this editor for so that it uses the old math ( I mean that what Core Design used in their editors) And sorry my bad English, I hope you understand what i'm trying to say for you
And btw, looks VERY amazing ! Keep up the good work
leveldesigner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 10:27   #28
Caesum

^UP:
Quote:
Maybe in the future I will ad the possibility to create TR2/3/5 levels also, but for now the main objective is creating a full winroomedit clone with additional features. But in the future I will expand the level compiling options to include multiple engines
---
Quote:
OMG amazing! I knew Paolone would help, he is a really great guy very devoted to TRLE.

Last edited by Caesum; 26-12-16 at 12:35.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 19:39   #29
Xopax

It's a awesome project, my only advice is to try to make the editor UI as close as possible to the original editor (but with improvements), i believe most people is already used to the standard TRLE and will be more comfortable when changing from the original to your editor.
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 19:56   #30
teme9

This is awesome news I'm glad to see that the editor itself is receiving some well-deserved love after all these years!

I have to agree with Xopax. Keeping the UI close to the original yet just updated to modern times might be good an idea to go for. I would love to have dark gray UI skin since it is less eye straining and makes working with darker colors easier.

If you need/want some assistance with UI design/Layout then let me know (I'm a graphic designer + a ton of experience with level editing on TRLE). I will most likely shoot you up with a mockup screenshot of the UI that I would like to see at some point along with some usability suggestions. From which it is up to you to take or not to take the feedback, I don't mind .
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote