Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-04-09, 21:15   #1
MattTR

Default I Had The Ring Ring of Death! (RRoD) But then.. it went away.

Well I was playing my 360 yesterday and it shut down then had the "Red Ring of Death" I freaked out and unplugged it, plugged back in and waited about 5 minutes.. plugged it back in and it was fine, and has been fine ever since yesterday.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Because everyone tells me it never goes away. Should I be scared?
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:18   #2
amiro1989

Some people told me they never had any problem with them after, but you never know. It can't be the case for everyone I guess. I'm happy mine didn't RODed already.
amiro1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:18   #3
MattTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
Some people told me they never had any problem with them after, but you never know. It can't be the case for everyone I guess. I'm happy mine didn't RODed already.
It's never happened to me before and I've had it since January 2006, guess I'll consider myself lucky until it happens again.
Old 06-04-09, 21:19   #4
tranniversary119

It's happened to me twice[two separate consoles], nothing ever happened again though.
tranniversary119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:20   #5
Hybrid Soldier

That has happened to me before. Sometimes it'll give you red lights because one of the cords may not be plugged in correctly. There is no need to worry.. you only start worrying if you're console starts freezing often.
Hybrid Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:20   #6
trXD
Inactive

Yes happened 4 times over the course of a year and 4 months
trXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:20   #7
Chris.Talg0

are you sure all of the lights werent red? if only three of them were blinking then that is the RROD, but if all four of the lights were blinking then it has to do with some of the cables being inserted incorrectly i think.
Chris.Talg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:23   #8
KC Mraz

It has happened to me twice, both times after playing all afternoon long . But everything went back to normal after leaving the console off for a couple minutes.

Probably your console was just overheated (a red ring =/= the RRoD).
KC Mraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 21:23   #9
MattTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.Talg0 View Post
are you sure all of the lights werent red? if only three of them were blinking then that is the RROD, but if all four of the lights were blinking then it has to do with some of the cables being inserted incorrectly i think.
I know for a fact all the chords were in properly, and the entire circle was red, didn't make much sense to me, maybe an internal error?
Old 06-04-09, 21:27   #10
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Chris.Talg0 is right, if all 4 lights were flashing, that's not the dreaded RRoD...

Quote:
Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- The AV cable cannot be detected

1. Make sure that the AV cable is correctly connected to the Xbox 360 console.
2. Disconnect the AV cable from the Xbox 360 console, and then reconnect the AV cable to the Xbox 360 console.
3. If the four flashing red lights continue to flash, try wiping the metal area of the AV pack with a dry cloth. The metal area is the end that plugs into the console. Wipe the metal area thoroughly, and then try the AV Pack again.
4. If the AV cable is correctly connected but the four red lights are still flashing, substitute a different AV cable if you have one available.

Sections 1, 3, and 4 are flashing red (popularly known as RRoD)
- General Hardware Failure

1. Try restarting the console.
2. If restarting the console does not resolve the behavior, follow these steps:
* Turn the console off.
* Unplug all the power and AV cables from the console.
* Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
* Firmly reconnect all the cables.
* Turn on the console.
3. If these steps do not resolve the behavior, turn the console off, remove the hard drive, and then turn on the console. If the 3x Red LED error light is no longer displayed, turn the console off, re-attach the hard drive, and then turn on the console.
4. Also examine the lights on the power supply. When you turn on the console, the power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the RoL flash red.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote