Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 11-09-18, 03:11   #1
Danath

Unhappy Help needed with TRViewer 1.0.8.3, Windows 10

I am starting to prepare the base level i'm going to use for level 4 of my TR2 project, but i have come across a big problem with TRViewer that isn't letting me make any progress.

Every time i delete any object from my .TR2 file, the program crashes, no error window shown. At first i thought it was because i replaced Lara's object with my custom outfit, but it happens even in original levels. It is very strange, because it wasn't happening before, only rarely, and usually switching to another TRV .exe allowed me to progress. I kept using rev.i and rev.g, but they don't work right all of a sudden.
I even tried with an older 1.0.5 version, which works for editing the sounds, and also doesn't work.

I have already tried compatibility with Win7,Win8 and WinXP, also run as admin. Nothing seems to solve it. Win7 compatibility was working before...
Without the ability to edit the .tr2 i cannot continue with my levelset so i'm very stuck now.

May it be a problem with some recent Windows update?? I have Win10 Home 1803, latest updates.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 06:52   #2
DaroRaider

Hi Danath,
I do not work with the editor on my PC where I have win10, so I decided to download a level of trle ,, net and I downloaded the version of Trviewer from Aspide.tr, the Italian site and try this under win10 and effectively, I'm experiencing the same problem. After clicking on "delete" and accept when ask me to confirm, I get an error "Abnornal Program Termination ..." and it sudden exits.

I suggest that someone else try another .tr2 file on win10 to see if the same thing happens. May it be a win10 problem.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 07:52   #3
thewolf
Golden

Lightbulb

What object do you want to delete? Why don't you try Fexmerger? It can also delete objects but only the whole object. If you want to delete small parts from an object I could delete those which you want on my PC.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 14:42   #4
Danath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I downloaded the version of Trviewer from Aspide.tr, the Italian site and try this under win10 and effectively, I'm experiencing the same problem. After clicking on "delete" and accept when ask me to confirm, I get an error "Abnornal Program Termination ..." and it sudden exits.
I suggest that someone else try another .tr2 file on win10 to see if the same thing happens. May it be a win10 problem.
Thank you for trying it out. It seems to be a problem with the damn W10 ever-beta garbage.
I use a Ryzen CPU so i cannot even go back to Win7 if i wanted, because lack of compatibility. Not to mention i will lose DX12 and multithread optimizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
What object do you want to delete? Why don't you try Fexmerger? It can also delete objects but only the whole object. If you want to delete small parts from an object I could delete those which you want on my PC.
It doesn't matter what item i delete. It may be an enemy, a weapon, weapon animations... everytime it happens, and it wasn't happening some weeks ago. I can clear meshes from objects just fine, but not delete the entire object. I forgot to say i tried to clear the meshes from the objects before deleting them and the same crash happens. Also tried to stop camera rotation before deleting.

I didn't know Fexmerger could delete things. But after deleting them with it and then opening the base in TRV i get this error:

Some animations get screwed.

If someone knows something about this error i would greatly appreciate any help. In the meantime, i think it's time to setup TRV in a virtual machine... and pray.

Last edited by Danath; 11-09-18 at 14:49.
Old 11-09-18, 16:31   #5
thewolf
Golden

For this animation error you can use Daro Raider's Trviewer fix :

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...35&postcount=8
Old 11-09-18, 16:47   #6
Danath

Smile

Ah yes, i forgot about that, thanks.

Just tried using TRV in a virtual WinXP and it works flawlessly, so i'm going to use that. It even has an advantage! The limited acceleration in a virtual machine makes possible to adjust meshes position much more slowly and accurate.

Why does Microsoft keep breaking things in newer OS's? It pisses me off.
Old 12-09-18, 10:43   #7
thewolf
Golden

Once again you solved it on your own
Old 12-09-18, 12:01   #8
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
H thewolf, I also did not know that we can delete objects with fexmeger. If you look at fexmerger below can you explain how to delete object in a target file. Thanks

Last edited by The Great Chi; 12-09-18 at 14:42. Reason: picture now removed, as no longer needed
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 13:54   #9
thewolf
Golden

All you have to do is to open your target file and select the object which you want to be removed, then press the Merge----> button. Now the selected object should be gone .
You can also select more than one object
Old 12-09-18, 14:40   #10
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Many thanks thewolf, we learn something new everyday
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote