Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 18-09-16, 19:20   #31
maikaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
The game is bland from the beginning to it's end. There is absolutely no love in one of the levels or it's ideas.
I completely agree, apart from St. Francis Folly this game is garbage, and it always baffles me when games like this get positive reviews, well at least most TR fans in this forum dislike Anniversary.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:29   #32
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
I completely agree, apart from St. Francis Folly this game is garbage, and it always baffles me when games like this get positive reviews, well at least most TR fans in this forum dislike Anniversary.
It gets good reviews because it's a good game
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it an objectively bad game, it's just your opinion.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:52   #33
Classic98
Inactive

I played it on 360, when it was released. Actually, I found this game to be fairly enjoyable. Granted, it doesn't come close to the original but I think it's a good game, nevertheless. The best game of the LAU trilogy ??

Last edited by Classic98; 18-09-16 at 20:03.
Classic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:56   #34
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic98 View Post
The best game of the LAU trilogy ??
I agree!
Old 18-09-16, 20:05   #35
ESCachuli

About the jumping distances: Anyone else here HATED Tomb of Qualopec? I hated it completely because of the part where you have to put 2 platforms together to cross one section. HELL! There is no ****ing way to know if you are correct other than just trying. And sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. The platforming is just awful here...

Other than that, the game is very easy.

I think this game lacks developers love. It's clear they didn't liked TR1 and they just tried to make a game very very fast so Core couldn't present their own version. It's gray, dull, lacks charm, somewhat buggy... and still is my favourite from CD.

And I kinda hate when magazines and non-fans say this game is a good remake. It isn't. It's a good game, but an awful remake. I really hope nicobass shows them they can do a very good remake with their system, but they need to apreciate what they are remaking.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:06   #36
maikaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it an objectively bad game, it's just your opinion.
On this forum most TR fans dislike Anniversary so objectively it's not a good TR game at the least. Outside this forum I don't care cos most people have very low standards and they like everything that is fed to them labeled as good by paid reviewers.
Old 18-09-16, 20:06   #37
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
About the jumping distances: Anyone else here HATED Tomb of Qualopec? I hated it completely because of the part where you have to put 2 platforms together to cross one section. HELL! There is no ****ing way to know if you are correct other than just trying. And sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. The platforming is just awful here...
I've not had this problem tbh
Move one as close to where you're trying to get to as possible, then the other halfway

Quote:
And I kinda hate when magazines and non-fans say this game is a good remake. It isn't. It's a good game, but an awful remake. I really hope nicobass shows them they can do a very good remake with their system, but they need to apreciate what they are remaking.
I'll agree here.
Good game, but not the best remake.

Quote:
On this forum most TR fans dislike Anniversary so objectively it's not a good TR game at the least. Outside this forum I don't care cos most people have very low standards and they like everything that is fed to them labeled as good by paid reviewers.
What a childish statement. Most people on this forum hate Rise, but objectively it's a very well done game. This forum ain't **** in the wide spectrum of things.

Last edited by ThatSassyKid; 18-09-16 at 20:08.
Old 18-09-16, 20:24   #38
maikaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Most people on this forum hate Rise, but objectively it's a very well done game. This forum ain't **** in the wide spectrum of things.
I don't think anyone disagrees that it's a good game. But is it a good TR game? No, it's a modern action game that has TR in it's title for some reason and that's why most people on this forum hate it as you say.
Old 18-09-16, 20:29   #39
lizardspock110

Lots of people on TRF whine about TRA, but outside, a lot of people love it (General public, like me...)

Last edited by lizardspock110; 18-09-16 at 20:38.
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:30   #40
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
I don't think anyone disagrees that it's a good game. But is it a good TR game? No, it's a modern action game that has TR in it's title for some reason and that's why most people on this forum hate it as you say.
Have you been in the RotTR section recently?