Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-07-18, 08:49   #11
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Maybe that wasn’t the first time he or someone else, Ana. has pressed them. He kind of applied a lot of pressure to them.
Yeah, but usually wounds close after a while, so no matter how much you press them you shouldn't be able to make the spots where you had them bleed again.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 11:12   #12
Chamayoo

I disagree, the stigmata plot was a really good touch and made Ana one of my favourite villains of the franchise.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 13:19   #13
Grimaldi

The stigmata thing is hilariously bad. There’s no need to associate that imagery with Konstantin, and doing so without a believable explanation leaves it feeling pretentious. It sucks because Ana and Konstantin had the potential to be really interesting.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 15:12   #14
biscuits

Agreed with everyone. The stigmata thing was a TERRIBLE plot point that made absolutely no sense. Let's say Ana did manage to sneak into his room at night, how would she manage to stab two holes into her little brother's hands without him crying in pain or running out of the room screaming for help? Would he not recognize his sister? Did she drug him?

It's stupid.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 18:04   #15
Revenge

Maybe some kind of subconscious / psychosomatic effect of his brain that made him bleed because he deep down needed this confirmation to continue his madness ? Wouldn't surprise me in the state of mind he was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
My only, rather weak explanation is that the wounds reopened due to how hard he was pressing on them as he prayed. He had his hands very tightly clenched together.
You may think it's weak but that's probably the most believable explanation I've seen haha

I didn't think this part of the plot was bad, I never really had an opinion about it apart from it being kinda random ^^
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 18:15   #16
biscuits

I think that plot point was an afterthought since it was relegated to a collectible journal.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 19:51   #17
Chamayoo

Ha now I see how stupid it is realistically speaking. Typically the obvious things I never noticed (Where did i put my brain ? I want it back)
I still like the idea and this aspect of personalty it gives to Ana.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-18, 14:36   #18
Pyro99

I just assumed he either clenched his hands together too hard or it was purely coincidental
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-18, 22:31   #19
Swiz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro99 View Post
I just assumed he either clenched his hands together too hard or it was purely coincidental
Ana punctured his hands when they were kids. They certainly would've healed 30-40 years later. Otherwise he would've got a nasty infection that would not have ended well.

It's just a stupid plot point.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-18, 19:42   #20
Talos Munera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I disagree, the stigmata plot was a really good touch and made Ana one of my favourite villains of the franchise.
Agree. The scene with the blood and the phrase "then that blood is " (Do not know how it is in the original) he electrified me. In A single cutscene Crystal Dynamics showed the dangerousness of religious fanaticism

I had read one thing about the stigmata (here in Italy we have a famous saint with the stigmata), who said that they were a phenomenon "mental" (sorry for English), something psychosomatic. The bleed could be related to this "extremist fixation" by Konstantin.

According to the Italian Wikipedia: Some researches attribute the stigmata to causes of hysterical origin or linked to dissociative identity disorders, in particular to the combination of food compulsion, dissociative mental states and Self-mutilation, in the context of a religious creed. According to these investigations, nervous anorecties would often present cases of self-mutilation similar to stigmata as part of a ritual typical of an obsessive compulsive disorder. A relationship between hunger and self-mutilation has been reported among prisoners of war and during famines. A psychoanalytic study by Teresa Neumann suggested that her stigmata may be the result of post-traumatic stress symptoms expressed through unconscious self-mutilation.
Talos Munera is offline   Reply With Quote