Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 22-06-18, 23:15   #81
SunDormant

No, please. No more reboots. Reboot Lara has already grown on me. If you keep rebooting, there will be a point at which I won't be able to recognize Lara anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
My brain cells regenerate when I read TRF drama. If people send me links to dramatic threads I will DHL them cake and booze
I'll keep an eye on it. I assume you've already read "Remarkable New Title This", right?
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 23:43   #82
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBryanBURNS View Post
In this moment you are the messy bitch who lives for drama we all secretly are but never say. To this post I say...

I'm not even secret about it anymore haha.

@Bashar look for any threads where someone is "bashing" the Reboot and you'll find it hahaha
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 23:47   #83
Gemma Darkmoon

I would like a change but probably more a deboot on Lara. Keep reboot graphics and gameplay but bring back classic Lara in very much the LCToO way. I don't want to see reboot Lara have a long stay.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 00:08   #84
ancientIo

i think its gonna happen eventually because dark and gritty isn't always gonna be in style. when that happens it would ideally be something more campy. Something that takes from all the eras (mostly the classics but LAU has some valuable things to offer) and adds in it's own mechanics.

I would love to see the backpack not just aesthetically but as a mechanic. It would bring items back and it might change the puzzles to be more Classics-esque.

Last edited by ancientIo; 23-06-18 at 00:11.
ancientIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 13:24   #85
veigafd

Jesus, no.. I guess the two lara's can coexist together.
If they reboot it again might as well call Lara Stephanie and make her find a tomb while working in an office.
To me they should remake the classics, at least TR 2 for this generation, the same way as RE 2 is doing
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 20:59   #86
Blackmoor

To do a full reboot, they'd have to have a massive gap between Shadow and the launch.

The TR fans would have to be completely cleansed of expectations and that would need years in between.

In theory I wouldn't mind a full reboot.

But, I would if it were done in 3 years time. And even if it were 5 years away, I'd find it tricky because we only just finished the introduction story (the 3 reboots) of this last reboot. And now we're being introduced to someone completely new again????

Hmmm. I think I actually prefer.... that we stay in this universe for a bit but expand it. Make Lara slightly different (a different voice actor maybe...), different writing, different scenerios....

I would pick that if it were my choice.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 21:31   #87
NYCL@R@

...hint my signature
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 21:33   #88
welshguy34

No need for another reboot. Just continue with what they have built over these 3 games.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 22:05   #89
caribbeanhead

Hey all, new guy here

I think instead of a full reboot they should just set the next game maybe 5 - 10 years later after shadows story and with that make her character more mature, independent and self-assured in what she's doing like climbing and combat etc. It could be a good tie in with classic Lara's character. Also I hope they revamp the whole animations and physics system of her character because I can't help but feel like I'm controlling a sheet of paper in the reboot games.
caribbeanhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 22:15   #90
Samz

I'd be down for it, if the next reboot were actually TR games instead of the dumbed down crap that is the current reboot.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote