Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-10, 15:48   #1
Love2Raid

Smile Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light Modding Thread

The question is ... does this game support Texmod?!

Has anyone tried yet?
Old 24-09-10, 06:53   #2
zsolt
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
The question is ... does this game support Texmod?!

Has anyone tried yet?
Texmod is a loader application, and because LCGOL runs within Steam client (this is a loader, too) i think it can not be modified with texmod.

But TombRipper (what replaces textures in datafile) can be working solution.

Last edited by zsolt; 24-09-10 at 07:06.
Old 24-09-10, 06:57   #3
dizzydoil
Inactive

Shouldn't it be Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Modding, Costumes & Texturing - Discussion, ya can't break the trend there Love2Raid.

I think it's perfectly possible, it's just we have to work our way around it. Didn't someone discover how to use Underworld through Steam? I don't see how now it'll be any different.

"PhillB from the Steam forums gave a little tutorial on how to get Texmod to work with some Steam games. Basically, rename Texmod to the name of the game (IE: tru.exe) and rename the original executable of the game to something else (IE: truback.exe). Then launch the game from within Steam. This will actually open up Texmod and you can now use skins for your character. By the way, you will be placing these files in the "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/tomb raider underworld" folder (where "C:/" is your drive letter)."

(only follow it for LCGoL )

Last edited by dizzydoil; 24-09-10 at 06:58.
Old 24-09-10, 08:56   #4
zsolt
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
Basically, rename Texmod to the name of the game (IE: tru.exe) and rename the original executable of the game to something else (IE: truback.exe). Then launch the game from within Steam. This will actually open up Texmod and you can now use skins for your character. By the way, you will be placing these files in the "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/tomb raider underworld" folder (where "C:/" is your drive letter)."

This solution occurred to me, I wouldn't believed that it can be working
Old 25-09-10, 17:24   #5
Mytly

Does the above solution work? If so, I'll sticky this thread (and change the name to keep with the trend. )
Old 25-09-10, 23:41   #6
Love2Raid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
Shouldn't it be Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Modding, Costumes & Texturing - Discussion, ya can't break the trend there Love2Raid.

I think it's perfectly possible, it's just we have to work our way around it. Didn't someone discover how to use Underworld through Steam? I don't see how now it'll be any different.

"PhillB from the Steam forums gave a little tutorial on how to get Texmod to work with some Steam games. Basically, rename Texmod to the name of the game (IE: tru.exe) and rename the original executable of the game to something else (IE: truback.exe). Then launch the game from within Steam. This will actually open up Texmod and you can now use skins for your character. By the way, you will be placing these files in the "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/tomb raider underworld" folder (where "C:/" is your drive letter)."

WOW, thatīs brilliant!

Itīs a simple procedure as well, definitely worth the try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Does the above solution work? If so, I'll sticky this thread (and change the name to keep with the trend. )
Oh oops, Iīm such a rebel.

That would be great! Come on guys, where are those mods?
Old 26-09-10, 10:40   #7
January_Snow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
I tried it on the demo, but it didnt work, it just opens texmod, and when you click run or logging mode it just opens a new texmode window..
Old 26-09-10, 11:14   #8
dizzydoil
Inactive

Proof it works:
[IMG]http://i56.************/6i8h9i.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.************/w1fgbn.jpg[/IMG]

However, I strongly suggest not using it if you don't want to be spoiled. The first textures loaded are that of the player icons, including four characters that haven't been announced yet, let's just say I'm over-pleased with who they are.

So yes, go ahead and change it Mytly.
Old 26-09-10, 16:30   #9
daventry

Smile

Is this Thread for XNALara Modification Only and should this be Added to My Thread in the List
Old 26-09-10, 16:32   #10
Sharon_14

it says "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Modding Thread", and not "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light XNALara Models Modding Thread".
Closed Thread