Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-01-18, 21:36   #16951
TombGuardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Here we are. The final outcome that I am proud of.

Tweaking the lighting is fun.
The best
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 21:52   #16952
Opaque79

Thanks. It is much improved over my previous level which was mostly lit with room ambience and one sun bulb (with some regular bulbs here and there).

I will need to go back and alter some of the other rooms to get similar results.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 00:36   #16953
Sabatu

Default Part of My Great Hypostyl :D

Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 08:01   #16954
bagas

It's so beautiful!! You made great use of TR4's textures. I like how that there's this green wall texture that contrasted with the surrounding red/orange lighting and textures. I'm not really a fan of the original TR4 horizon, tho hehe...
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 14:29   #16955
dcw123

Loving that TR4 feel - those textures really look lovely.
I have a soft spot for the classic TGA sets - they are so colourful

Here I'm messing about with some new 'beta' style textures for use in TRLE, but which can also be applied to other games like TR2 here..
(This screenshot isn't the best because I turned Bi Linear Filtering off - but you get the idea)
I added some grey lines in the middle of each tile - so any triangles in TR3 will be easier to spot.

Since the tiles are now white in colour - it also allows us to truely see how Core set up their lighting effects too..
I'm using this method to study the games in a different way - how they were built etc - which I hope will help my TRLE imagination block I have at the moment

EDIT: I just noticed I had a setting which dramatically increases the draw distance, eliminating the black fog. This looks cool on certain levels like Tibetian Foothills, but kills the atmosphere in levels like The Deck.. so I've decided to turn it back to classic settings.
This new EXE mod is amazing - mainly because it fixed a glitch I ran into. My only issue with it is that FMV videos don't play at all and the levels simply load

Last edited by dcw123; 22-01-18 at 14:47.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 19:44   #16956
Sabatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post

Here I'm messing about with some new 'beta' style textures for use in TRLE, but which can also be applied to other games like TR2 here..
(This screenshot isn't the best because I turned Bi Linear Filtering off - but you get the idea)
I added some grey lines in the middle of each tile - so any triangles in TR3 will be easier to spot.

Since the tiles are now white in colour - it also allows us to truely see how Core set up their lighting effects too..
I'm using this method to study the games in a different way - how they were built etc - which I hope will help my TRLE imagination block I have at the moment

EDIT: I just noticed I had a setting which dramatically increases the draw distance, eliminating the black fog. This looks cool on certain levels like Tibetian Foothills, but kills the atmosphere in levels like The Deck.. so I've decided to turn it back to classic settings.
This new EXE mod is amazing - mainly because it fixed a glitch I ran into. My only issue with it is that FMV videos don't play at all and the levels simply load
Great work. I knowi can make them but still. Will you upload themskmewhere?
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 22:25   #16957
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatu View Post
Great work. I knowi can make them but still. Will you upload themskmewhere?
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=626

Posted them here for everyone to use.. enjoy guys - I know its basic but mehh
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 02:58   #16958
Kapu

Wow, I'm surprised by how simple the geometry is in that opening cave from TR2. Not that I ever really gave it much thought...the textures Core used certainly make up for the blockiness of the environment.

Seeing the level that way certainly does give me inspiration. But I also love to recreate and reimagine existing locations in TR, so that's probably not unexpected for me.

Last edited by Kapu; 23-01-18 at 02:59.
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 15:08   #16959
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post

Why does this look so similar to PS1 TR games? Like, it's so pixely. How did you get that?
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 15:10   #16960
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
Why does this look so similar to PS1 TR games? Like, it's so pixely. How did you get that?
Low Resolution and no Bilinear Filter
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote