Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 01-06-15, 16:12   #1481
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke76 View Post
oh i have read that the a.i is not implemented yet....so i suppose the the final result will be the possibility to play entirely the old games in a much better shape, right ?
OpenTomb was always meant to play the original games fully. But it's a really young project, and the progress made since it has started is already huge, but there's still a lot to do. Enemies are in the to-do list obviously.
And eventually level designers could also use this engine as it has lot less limits than our TRLE (even TRNG) have. Keep an eye on the project.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 16:13   #1482
Underhoe

This project came a long way! I'm very impressed by all your work, it's very promising and I can't wait until it reaches the state where you can build with it. Just a question : will it be possible to add real time shadows as well at one point?
Underhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 16:16   #1483
TeslaRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Well i instaled codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup-TDM-GCC-481.exe form this side: http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26
But it doesn't work, I still get the same error where can i change this compiler?
Open code::blocks -> settings -> Compiler... -> Global compiler settings (default) -> Toolchain executables and check compiler installation directory (may be You need to delete old GCC version and tune code::blocks to new compiler path). + after all do make clean (or rebuild all).
Quote:
oh i have read that the a.i is not implemented yet....so i suppose the the final result will be the possibility to play entirely the old games in a much better shape, right ?
Enemies and them AI was not implemented, weapons damage not implemented too.
P.S.: I had done fixing gui bar's gradients in last commit
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 16:24   #1484
Gh0stBlade

Thanks Lwmte, my issue is now solved.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 16:56   #1485
Cochrane
Golden

I swear, whenever I try some new language feature, trouble like that shows up. Why do these compilers even have c++11 flags if they don't actually support it?

Anyway, I opened issues for all the mentioned bugs in Github so I can track them more easily. Please check whether I missed any and feel free to open them.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 18:10   #1486
TeslaRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
P.S.: I also got some issues with compiling, and that's what you need to do. First off, check your compiler version - I had TDM-GCC 4.7, so I needed to update it to 4.9. Also, make sure you have set -std=c++11 compiler flag in settings. Next thing, I had issue with pthreads library, as it seems code recompiled with GCC 4.9 doesn't work with bundled pthreadGC2.dll file - game just hangs on start-up. What I did is I took winpthread DLL bundled with latest GCC compiler and renamed it to pthreadGC2.dll, and then dropped it into root OpenTomb folder instead. Not sure if it's proper solution, but at least I managed to launch it.
If You uses GCC 4.9.2 forget about pthreadGC2.dll and other GCC-specified dll's add -static option to the linker settings. I.E. my build has the next dll import table: KERNEL32.dll, msvcrt.dll, OPENGL32.dll and SDL2.dll
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 18:18   #1487
Cochrane
Golden

Forgot to mention: I've always wanted to try deferred lighting. Sounds like fun! I'll have to think a bit about an implementation strategy, though. In particular: Should the effect of lights end at room borders, as it does right now? Implementing that may prove challenging, and most levels would look better without it. I'm just wondering whether there are edge cases to consider here.

Edit to add: I've been working on fixing lighting issues in Chronicles, and…

…I think maybe I'll deal with that later when the other games are working better.

Last edited by Cochrane; 01-06-15 at 21:08.
Old 01-06-15, 21:11   #1488
luke76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
OpenTomb was always meant to play the original games fully. But it's a really young project, and the progress made since it has started is already huge, but there's still a lot to do. Enemies are in the to-do list obviously.
And eventually level designers could also use this engine as it has lot less limits than our TRLE (even TRNG) have. Keep an eye on the project.
yeah thanks for explanation, it's a wonderful project, i will keep an eye on the project for sure, don't worry! ^^
luke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 00:42   #1489
luke76

just for curiosity, at this stage of development there's a way to use custom outfit ?
luke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 05:55   #1490
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
just for curiosity, at this stage of development there's a way to use custom outfit ?
Not yet. If you see screenshots with non-standard outfits, that generally means there is a bug.