Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-02-18, 16:26   #1
Nicklander

Default TR Search Login

It's been a year now and you still can't login/register to trsearch...
No more objects being uploaded, I'm afraid it's dying.
Is there any alternative to TR Search Engine or are people still working on it ?
As I said, the last news was published March 2017, a post explaining the current situation would be useful. If people no longer work on it, we should save the whole library and upload it elsewhere. Imagine if all those objects get lost one day...

Ofc there's Laraslevelbase, but the stuff on there isn't sync'd up with TRSearch. Why not reupload the missing objects on there ? It's always a good thing to have a backup.

Last edited by Nicklander; 07-02-18 at 16:31.
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 17:39   #2
TombGuardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklander View Post
It's been a year now and you still can't login/register to trsearch...
No more objects being uploaded, I'm afraid it's dying.
Is there any alternative to TR Search Engine or are people still working on it ?
As I said, the last news was published March 2017, a post explaining the current situation would be useful. If people no longer work on it, we should save the whole library and upload it elsewhere. Imagine if all those objects get lost one day...

Ofc there's Laraslevelbase, but the stuff on there isn't sync'd up with TRSearch. Why not reupload the missing objects on there ? It's always a good thing to have a backup.
I asked the founder of trsearch.org
She told me this:
Quote:
Basta chiedere ; il progetto del nuovo sito è a buon punto , ma è stato messo un attimo in stand by a causa degli impegni di lavoro (e non) che si sono accavallati. Speriamo di metterlo online presto , perché molte delle funzioni e delle novità introdotte sono effettivamente da "provare sul campo" da chi inserisce il proprio materiale

A questo proposito approfitto del tuo topic e rinnovo l'invito già accolto da molti su TRF: se avete suggerimenti su cosa vorreste fosse migliorato o aggiunto non esitate a scrivere qui, per PM o per email a info@trsearch.org :approved:
In short, she said the site is at a good point, but it has been put aside because she's busy in real life. She hopes to put the site online as soon as possible.
There are many new features to the site, and those haven't been tested yet(Once the site is up, you should be able to try them out )
She invites you to send your suggestions (new features / changes to the old features) at the email below :
info@trsearch.org

I can't wait for it

Last edited by TombGuardian; 07-02-18 at 17:42.
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 22:13   #3
MBog

I never understood why the login was disabled in the first place. Sure, that would mean more objects being uploaded and thus more work, but it s not like there were objects being uploaded daily on trsearch.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 23:26   #4
Boobandie

Yeah I've been waiting for it to come back online, got a ton of things to upload.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 11:16   #5
ggctuk

It's in part why I've delayed my return to TRLE (another being a more stable version of TombEditor) - because there's undoubtedly a ton of things that could be useful that should be uploaded there but currently can't be.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 11:20   #6
Caesum

To be honest I don't think anything released since trsearch went temporarily closed will get uploaded there. Nobody will really remember about these assets and/or trsearch.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 12:01   #7
Dustie

This is the thread dedicated to TRSearch being down http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...=217472&page=8

and the last post by Kapu is from August last year, saying they're still working on the website. I can imagine with real-life commitments and work they need to take it slow. I do hope they put it back online at last, because we're missing a good website for resources.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 12:08   #8
Caesum

there is still laraslevelbase for that btw.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 01:59   #9
TombRaiderTim

I did not notice TR Search was down before. (Either that or its painfully slow) I know that place was the thing to go to when you wanted very well done objects. Lara's Levelbase is okay but a lot of the time there are just things released on the website that are not always finished and do not work correctly in game. At least with TR Search there was a proper rating system with reviews you could check to see what other people thought of the objects so you know the best version to download.

Its a vital place for TRLE. Level Designers and Object Creators alike.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 06:36   #10
Mulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Lara's Levelbase is okay but a lot of the time there are just things released on the website that are not always finished and do not work correctly in game.
Ha, ha, ha! TRT is of course joking, as usual; not everybody gets his kind of humour. If anything, what you can get from the Levelbase is less buggy than much of the stuff on TRSearch, and the collected objects by Sponge, White Tiger or Trix alone blow much of TRSearch clear out of the water. But you know that of course, you old joker you, don’t you.

For the rest, if you’re all so eager to upload your stuff somewhere, perhaps it’s about time you accept the fact that TRSearch is no more than an archive of old stuff now, as the chances of it becoming fully maintained the way it used to be are very, very slim to say the least, and dwindling with every passing day. So why don’t you go over to the Levelbase already? Your stuff could have been available for download there for, like, ages.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote