Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-04-19, 06:41   #1
dg1995

Default Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Are you hyped ?

They have released a trailer for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk

This game according to developers is "A 3rd person single player focused game" and has "no MTs". This game's writer is the writer of SW Kotor 2 known to have the best storyline in SW games.

I personally should see some gameplay but I'm 50 percent hyped and want this game to succeed.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 15:32   #2
AshesBorn

Oh hey, it's Ian from Shameless.

I mean, cinematic trailers don't impress me much these days, I'd like to see actual gameplay before I decide if I'm interested. Can't tell I'm hyped atm. It's cool that the game focuses on single player and has no micro-transactions, but this is EA we're talking about... we'll see if they stick to their promises.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 14-04-19 at 15:34.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 04:58   #3
domino92

Yeah, without real gameplay, I'm really not sold. This game could be a Zoo Tycoon game, for all we know. Cinematic trailers are great for hype, not so great for information.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 12:49   #4
Jami393

I wonder if EA will stick with the whole no microtransactions in this game.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 13:44   #5
rewak

They will, but they'll do a bunch of editions each with exclusive DLC, pre-order bonuses probably exclusive to certain retailers, a season pass or two, they'll find a way to milk it dry. I actually enjoyed the single player of Battlefront 2 so I'm interested, but I'll wait and see what tricks they pull.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 19:50   #6
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Yeah, without real gameplay, I'm really not sold. This game could be a Zoo Tycoon game, for all we know. Cinematic trailers are great for hype, not so great for information.
Star Wars: Cantina Tycoon should be a thing.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 00:46   #7
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
"A 3rd person single player focused game" and has "no MTs"
if this is for real then i'm listening
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 14:47   #8
DOPE

I'm not the biggest SW fan but I'm starving for well-done Sci-Fi games, I'm hopeful about this. Respawn has a solid track record and EA allegedly had nothing to do with the production of the game and I love Cameron from Shameless If it's going to be great, hopefully sales will be as well to prove EA that single player games are still successful and profitable to this age. In the meantime, I bought Battlefront 2 for cheap, hopefully that'll satisfy me for a bit (I read it's got major improvements since launch). I'm positive about this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
They will, but they'll do a bunch of editions each with exclusive DLC, pre-order bonuses probably exclusive to certain retailers, a season pass or two, they'll find a way to milk it dry.
there's only two editions of the game, standard and deluxe (which includes some kind of Director's Cut) and there's no season pass (and no DLC planned neither at this time, as they've said, focus is on delivering a self-contained campaign).
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 15:46   #9
rewak

The deluxe edition has some "a 'Director's Cut' suite of behind-the-scenes features and content" with "unique cosmetic equipment for your adventure", and if you pre-order the standard edition you get "unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and droid companion". So there already are cosmetic DLC sets and pre-order bonuses. There's also going to be an online play component, despite them saying there would be no multiplayer.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 16:27   #10
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The deluxe edition has some "a 'Director's Cut' suite of behind-the-scenes features and content" with "unique cosmetic equipment for your adventure", and if you pre-order the standard edition you get "unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and droid companion". So there already are cosmetic DLC sets and pre-order bonuses. There's also going to be an online play component, despite them saying there would be no multiplayer.
Just like many other single player games have additional outifits or skins as preorder bonuses, don't think it's worth reading too much into it and IICR that online play component was found on the PS Store page of the game, could just be a technical mistake or it might feature leaderboards or some other lite-MP (though I think the former is more believable, they wouldn't go out of their way to market it as SP only to randomly add a major MP component, doesn't make sense at all). Well my point being, I'm confident they'll keep their word at launch (if not because of EA then of Respawn as this is their idea and all) if they don't want to be hit by yet another ****storm.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote