Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-11-17, 16:26   #1501
sampiza

Hi,does someone knows if there's a invisible static object? 'cause i want to block a passage in my level to players don't go in there.
Thx in advance
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 17:10   #1502
Shakira Croft

Try the NG Panel_XXX
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 21:35   #1503
sampiza

Thx it worked! I didn't knew about this feature.
Old 12-12-17, 23:10   #1504
LeelooBastet

Hi

Has someone a full animated panther/lion or other big cat as 1-mqo object including every separated parts please ?
I would like to create a new big cat but just replace the meshes cause I don't create animations.

(I extracted all parts of the bobcat with Strpix, but i cant get how to recompose it. Or is there a way to extract every mesh as one object ?)
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-17, 09:21   #1505
A_De

@LeelooBastet: Metasequoia v.3 or higher supports meshes hierarchy so you can compose the entire object from single exported meshes. You can try Sapper's Meshtree Editor program to get the proper offsets for meshes. Use the Local button for that. Once you satisfied with the shape of new meshes move them again in that way that their pivot are at 0,0,0 point. Then you can export them one by one to StrPix

I might make a small tutorial about meshes hierarchy in Metasequoia some day...

Last edited by A_De; 13-12-17 at 09:23.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 12:32   #1506
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
@LeelooBastet: Metasequoia v.3 or higher supports meshes hierarchy so you can compose the entire object from single exported meshes. You can try Sapper's Meshtree Editor program to get the proper offsets for meshes. Use the Local button for that. Once you satisfied with the shape of new meshes move them again in that way that their pivot are at 0,0,0 point. Then you can export them one by one to StrPix

I might make a small tutorial about meshes hierarchy in Metasequoia some day...
That'd be awesome, because your way sounds like a way to use UV mapping on a complete outfit, as opposed to using it on separate objects only...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 18:13   #1507
A_De

^yes, I used this technique to make meshes for a cat based on DOG slot. Didn't try to use this method for outfits yet.
Actually I didn't invent anything new though, this method is described in demo pack for meta2tr v.6 AFAIK. But I'll try to make detailed explanation anyway. It seems that people are interested.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 19:23   #1508
LeelooBastet

My big cat is already done and textured, i just need to cut it into propoer parts in order to replace the old ones that already have animations
I don't even understand what you told me with offsets and so on ... that's why I'm asking someone to give me the full lion object with its parts already in place

Last edited by LeelooBastet; 14-12-17 at 19:25.
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 20:20   #1509
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeelooBastet View Post
My big cat is already done and textured, i just need to cut it into propoer parts in order to replace the old ones that already have animations
I don't even understand what you told me with offsets and so on ... that's why I'm asking someone to give me the full lion object with its parts already in place
Offsets determine the location of a mesh within the 3D space, so it is not placed at the central point (0,0,0). When you export and open in Meta an object made up of multiple meshes they will all be centered in a clump, using offsets from Meshtree Editor lets you set them in the right place, which is what you need as far as I understand.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 21:08   #1510
sampiza

Does someone knows where i can find a lamp switch??