Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-10-14, 05:24   #31531
domino92

Me and a friend played for an hour and a half, here are some stories from our experiences:
  • Some group had built a massive fortress in the middle of the map that divided the nothern and lower sections. You had to swim around it, cars couldn't get through. I managed to sneak near it on foot near the 'garage,' and stole a military vehicle (a rare find) filled with 80% gas. I hopped in and drove away, hearing the booming gunshots of their bullets hitting my new car's armour platting. I was so happy with myself... twenty minutes later I got it stuck in a ditch and had to abandon it. I was so upset with myself.
  • Me and my friend were raiding a town. We had pretty good equipment, loaded with guns and melee items. All of a sudden a naked man with a fireaxe runs up and kills my friend in one hit. I pull out my gun, miss my shot, and not realizing it's a bolt-action rifle, begin to reload as the man runs up and kills me too.
  • Twenty minutes later, we had respawned and were raiding a different town for new equippment. We were pretty barebones aside from me having a Magnum and a golf club. All of a sudden we hear gunshots, but we dismiss them, since the server admin was nearby and we had known that he was pretty trigger happy (but totally friendly to people, never killed any players). Turns out, it was the naked man from before, wearing my friend's clothes and weilding my bolt-action rifle! My friend quickly gets killed... again, and I hide inside a house. I pull out my Magnum and escape out the back door. I see him enter the house and flank him, emptying my Mangum ammo into him. I take a heavy hit, but it wasn't that bad. My shot brings him to the brink of death so I run forward with my golf club. I get a few good swings in but he manages to get a shot in on me and kills me. A little while later we found the town with our stuff lying on the ground. He didn't take any of our stuff.
  • A man with a sniper rifle holds up my friend as we're walking about. He doesn't see me, so I sneak up on him and empty an entire magazine of pistol ammo into his head. He gently turns around and says, "I'm an admin, I'm invincible!" before walking away.
  • An hour later, I'm looting a house in a military town when I hear gunshots from the lower floor. I run downstairs to catch the person off guard and empty TWO clips of pistol ammo into him...

It was another admin... also invincible.

Really enjoying the player created experiences.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 14:40   #31532
Drone

Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 14:47   #31533
tomekkobialka

tomekkobialka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 18:21   #31534
jarekhanzelka

Replaying...

Just as fun as the first time around. :')
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 12:50   #31535
Legend of Lara

Did some strategically-placed loading, followed by grinding, grinding, grinding, and more grinding.

It was all worth it, tho. I finally unlocked Best Girl & Supreme Waifu MPBL... Nepgear........... I missed you, baby.

I'll go for the true ending when I can be arsed to. It's kind of a bummer not having any of the DLC, since that's almost the entire post-game, but eh.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 16:07   #31536
Shark_Blade

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 16:11   #31537
Drone

^ you know what you're playing I want it now too
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 22:36   #31538
Shark_Blade

Mhhm you know you want it.

I normally played on PS2 but now I 'm playing on my laptop and it looks so sharp and so beautiful. I can't believe I'm missing out on this amazing version all this time. *_* Plus the loading time is so quick like a blink of the eyes.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:28   #31539
domino92

Yosuke: This is your shadow, it's a side of you you don't want to admit exists.
Labrys: Oh, coolio. After being in denial of who I am for my entire existence I'm pretty sure I'm cool with accepting all of my faults because you kicked my Shadow's ass in a fight.
Yosuke: Awesome, let's hang out some time!

Ooooooh I'm starting to see what you guys mean when it comes to the game's writing...
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:44   #31540
ajrich17901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Mhhm you know you want it.

I normally played on PS2 but now I 'm playing on my laptop and it looks so sharp and so beautiful. I can't believe I'm missing out on this amazing version all this time. *_* Plus the loading time is so quick like a blink of the eyes.
Don't forget to download the hd textures and control fixes, makes it a completely new experience.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote