Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 20-11-17, 23:18   #4851
Tonyrobinson

I feel like December or January feels right for a second trailer with the final in February before the release. Of course they could show some behind the scenes features before that too.

They still have to release those videos from the Youtubers on set from a while ago too and all of the press stuff from the other day although that'll probably release a week or two before the films.

I'd say once the new year arrives we will start getting some better coverage. There's still so much to look forward to.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 08:38   #4852
ccroft2003

Actually, a 2nd trailer in December would make sense...it will have been almost 3 months since the 1st trailer by then. I imagine that there will be lots of exciting stuff in Jan/Feb with a final trailer with TV Spots end of Feb, early March.

And A Wrinkle in Time already has a 2nd trailer and that's also being released in March.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 17:57   #4853
James_Rutland

A second trailer releasing in December is fine, not sure how it's too early considering it's 3 months after the first, and the movie releases only a few months after... Some Warner Bros films have like 5 trailers lmao. Like Wonder Woman and Justice League. Tomb Raider should have a lot of promo being a reboot and the first film since 2004. Really hoping they up the promotional campaign next month into the new year.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 18:49   #4854
GeekOfComedy

I think WB is just trying to focus on keeping it's doors open after Justice League, that film has a LOT of money to make back before it even breaks even so this isn't out of the normal. Give it time, while it runs up to March they will build momentum for sure. I also like the fact they didn't reveal all the story. I don't want to know the movie inside out before I see it in March.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 01:18   #4855
Tonyrobinson

I was searching through some WB trailers and I thought Geostorm would probably have similar marketing to this, the second trailer for that film was three months prior to release and four months after the previous first trailer had released. I actually think it's quite possible now that we could see a second trailer released close to Christmas.

The only likely WB I could see it with would be the wide release of Disaster Artist on December 8th, it would be fresh in people's mind for Alicia to go to Comic Con on the 10th.

Going back a few pages to the necklace I think it will be given to Lara by her father perhaps in that little box puzzle, if you look closely at the trailer of Young Lara and her father where he is pressing his fingers to her head you can see her holding a necklace in her hands.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 22-11-17 at 01:32.
Old 22-11-17, 05:00   #4856
GeekOfComedy

...I wonder how long this was the working font for Tomb Raider 2018 before we got the one we have now with the arrow...

https://www.movieinsider.com/photos/422819

And I have to say... I kinda prefer the new font. The site said the source for that font came from Warner Brothers.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 10:04   #4857
PinkyPromise

Alexandre Willaume continues in London (in the leavesden studios: Harry Potter ... Tomb Raider) recording ...

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 22-11-17 at 10:06.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 10:07   #4858
Rai

The logo in the link is ugly. I actually like the arrow logo, though not overly keen on the red..
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 11:56   #4859
ccroft2003

I quite like the logo on the link... I don't mind the current logo, but as with others, I'm not fond of the red and I think the font is stretched too much vertically?

As a designer myself, it doesn't quite sit right with me.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 12:07   #4860
Tonyrobinson

The one in the link has a similar colour scheme to the original movie logo. I'm wondering if they'll even show the logo in the film.