Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 10-04-15, 09:17   #101
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Black View Post
The original textures ARE included in the game's files For me (and some others) it's actually impossible to play with new HQ textures, so the game looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/cK1z4c8.jpg?1
Ah. So it is possible to play the entire game with the original textures then? That's good news. Does this go for the iOS version as well?

EDIT: Btw is the entire game updated with HD textures in the Android version or is it only up until Egypt like in the iOS version?

Last edited by Trenton; 10-04-15 at 09:20.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 09:36   #102
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I'm not sure. I'd imagine they wouldn't bother to include the original textures in the game's files, but I don't know. It would be awesome if they had incorporated the option to switch between the original textures and the new ones. To me that's a must actually as I don't want to play with the game with the new textures.
don't worry, once you're in EGypt there's no more HD textures and there's no HD textures for TRGold either !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 13:41   #103
SebCroc

Anyone else getting textures for the word MIDAS on the upper parts of the Colosseum? They look kinda goofy there
SebCroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 13:59   #104
Krob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3_Gamer View Post
Is there a way to play TR with a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller ? I've tried but it doesn't work.

I'm trying to play with this Android device which displays on the TV. You can plug in controllers in this via usb:
http://www.amazon.com/Matricom-G-Box...x+mx2+midnight
I have played through the first levels on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with a PS3 controller. The tablet is not rooted so I connected the controller with its cable connected to an usb-otg cable (http://crhtech.com/crh_images/muu-1.JPG which is nothing more than a usb to micro usb converter)

I played the rest of the game on an NVidia Shield Portable, which is pretty perfect for this, since I can connect it to the tv as well, and play with an XBox 360 controller on it (also with an otg-cable)

The only issues I'm having is that sometimes, when I want to run (after setting up for a jump) Lara sometimes starts walking the first step instead of running.. I dont know if its a controller issue or if that's also a problem with the touch-screen controls (havent played with the touch screen controls yet )

PS: I did not have to set up the controls for the controllers, they just worked out of the box.. plugged it in and started playing

Last edited by Krob; 10-04-15 at 14:00.
Krob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 18:01   #105
PS3_Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krob View Post
I have played through the first levels on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with a PS3 controller. The tablet is not rooted so I connected the controller with its cable connected to an usb-otg cable (http://crhtech.com/crh_images/muu-1.JPG which is nothing more than a usb to micro usb converter)

I played the rest of the game on an NVidia Shield Portable, which is pretty perfect for this, since I can connect it to the tv as well, and play with an XBox 360 controller on it (also with an otg-cable)

The only issues I'm having is that sometimes, when I want to run (after setting up for a jump) Lara sometimes starts walking the first step instead of running.. I dont know if its a controller issue or if that's also a problem with the touch-screen controls (havent played with the touch screen controls yet )

PS: I did not have to set up the controls for the controllers, they just worked out of the box.. plugged it in and started playing
Thank you for your reply. I have played other games with my 360 controller on my G-Box MX2 and they play fine but for some reason TR won't work with my controllers. I think the game detects the controller because I can see it in the controls settings but pressing on the buttons or the D-Pad does nothing. I will continue my investigation on this. Thanks for the information.
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 18:05   #106
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebCroc View Post
Anyone else getting textures for the word MIDAS on the upper parts of the Colosseum? They look kinda goofy there
Those were there originally.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 01:40   #107
ivaneiroX

Got to Natla's Mines today im not sure what is people saying about no HD textures after Egypt? The game looks pretty nice on my screen http://imgur.com/0lB7lE7
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 08:07   #108
SebCroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Those were there originally.
Wow, that's the first time I've noticed them. I'm not as observant as I though I was
SebCroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 13:09   #109
JasonDavies15

Im not seeing HD textures after Natla's mines, ATlantis is still low res textures on the android version, guess they couldnt be arsed into re animating the fleshy walls.
JasonDavies15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 13:19   #110
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
Got to Natla's Mines today im not sure what is people saying about no HD textures after Egypt? The game looks pretty nice on my screen http://imgur.com/0lB7lE7
When the iOS version was released I remember people were going on about how the game only had HD textures up until Egypt (I never bothered to play that far myself so I never checked first hand). So, in the Android version are there HD textures in Egypt also?
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote