Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-02-18, 16:50   #11
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
No, it CAN be rushed, trust me. A recent game, by the name of Sonic Forces, was so clearly rushed, graphics aside.

The next TR game can be rushed, but I do trust that the main developer of SOTTR will do a good job and won't rush the game.
It's in development for three years and it's still not announced, I wouldn't call that a rush
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 18:28   #12
JuditePrince12

Quote:
No, it CAN be rushed, trust me. A recent game, by the name of Sonic Forces, was so clearly rushed, graphics aside.

The next TR game can be rushed, but I do trust that the main developer of SOTTR will do a good job and won't rush the game.
Yes the game CAN be rushed HOWEVER, I don't think CD would've made that bold of the decision to hand over one of its best sellers to a development company that's just aided them in the past and not developed a large percent of a Tomb Raider game before. They obviously have trust in them and CD most likely didn't want to rush SOTTR so handing it over was probably the best case scenario. With the 3 years of development, I wouldn't be too worried yet.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 18:35   #13
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:

So not even the developers care about sonic anymore huh?
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:13   #14
jajay119

I think it’s high time that TR got a new developer; both to give the series a fresh approach and to allow CD to work on other projects unmolested by having to constantly come back to TR. if shadow is a crossover period and EM take the helm from whatever is to follow that seems feasible to me.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:19   #15
Mickybyrne20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I think it’s high time that TR got a new developer; both to give the series a fresh approach and to allow CD to work on other projects unmolested by having to constantly come back to TR. if shadow is a crossover period and EM take the helm from whatever is to follow that seems feasible to me.
I think they have this time around. Rihanna isn't returning this time, and Brian Horton Game Director left also.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:46   #16
Error96

Quote:

I could feel there was a huge amount of love in from the fan developers in the Sonic Mania Team. That was a brilliant game but I am not really sure what happened with Sonic Forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Idk is this really a thing but The Avengers project makes me so worried about the next game maybe rushed development or when they made Rise timed exclusive i think they preferred money over the millions of fans it just seems like they dont care TR nor us the fans. I hope they still have the passion and love for the TR
I think the deal was a big mistake and CD/SE were promised a lot of things around a marketing campaign that never came off. It just got them a bad backlash and most PS players appear to have stuck with getting it on PS. I read something a few months ago that was said by CD or SE about adopting a policy of putting TR fans first in regards to the series. I think that was an indication of no exclusivity.

EM did a great job with the challenge tombs so their increased involvement shouldn't be too worrying

Last edited by Error96; 10-02-18 at 20:48.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:49   #17
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
It's in development for three years and it's still not announced, I wouldn't call that a rush
That doesn't necessarily mean anything, BUT I repeat: I do not think it'll be rushed, I'm just saying it's possible from our point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Yes the game CAN be rushed HOWEVER, I don't think CD would've made that bold of the decision to hand over one of its best sellers to a development company that's just aided them in the past and not developed a large percent of a Tomb Raider game before. They obviously have trust in them and CD most likely didn't want to rush SOTTR so handing it over was probably the best case scenario. With the 3 years of development, I wouldn't be too worried yet.
That's probably the case. And besides that, I think EM will do a good job. They made LC GO, so it's promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
So not even the developers care about sonic anymore huh?
Some of them do, some of them don't. Really, the main developers need to take a break from Sonic and do another Jet Set Radio game or something.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 10-02-18 at 19:52.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:54   #18
Rai

May I just point something out?

Eidos Montreal = helped with Rise, including challenge tombs
Square Enix Montreal = Lara Croft Go.

Some people get these mixed up.

As for EM being the main developer for SotTR, could be considering the evidence as brought up in the previous threads on the subject. I think CD probably played a part in planning and early stages though.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:55   #19
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
May I just point something out?

Eidos Montreal = helped with Rise, including challenge tombs
Square Enix Montreal = Lara Croft Go.

Some people get these mixed up.

As for EM being the main developer for SotTR, could be considering the evidence as brought up in the previous threads on the subject. I think CD probably played a part in planning and early stages though.
I could've sworn EM did LC GO, but I guess not.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 20:42   #20
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
I think they have this time around. Rihanna isn't returning this time, and Brian Horton Game Director left also.
Why did I thought about the singer when I read Rihanna? For a moment I was confused.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote