Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 07-10-14, 03:45   #11
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babou View Post

Also Lynch will likely be shooting with film rather than digital as at the Lucca film festival he said he fell back in love with the medium!
What happened to "I'm never going back to film, digital is so much easier" attitude?
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 05:14   #12
rewak

I'll get excited when the cameras are rolling, 2016 is a long way off and they've only just begun writing.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 11:16   #13
Dennis's Mom

Interesting. When this series came on, it was a zeitgeist. The first season was incredible, but the second season was meh (at least as I remember it. It's been 25 years, after all!)

Being on Showtime should open up some new possibilities, although Twin Peaks was always about the weird and not the tits, gore or F-bombs. We shall see.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 21:25   #14
Babou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I'll get excited when the cameras are rolling, 2016 is a long way off and they've only just begun writing.
They've been writing for three years.
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 22:19   #15
the ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Interesting. When this series came on, it was a zeitgeist. The first season was incredible, but the second season was meh (at least as I remember it. It's been 25 years, after all!)

Being on Showtime should open up some new possibilities, although Twin Peaks was always about the weird and not the tits, gore or F-bombs. We shall see.

But we all know Lynch loves himself some tits, gore and F-Bombs from time to time
the ancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 18:20   #16
michaeldt

Such a relaxing song

I really wonder how Season 2 would've been if LFB wasn't the cancerous bitch that she was by basically forcing the writers to re-write the Dale-Audrey relationship?

Last edited by michaeldt; 11-10-14 at 18:21.
Old 16-10-14, 23:01   #17
Babou

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks Announced!

Quote:
They’re filled with secrets!

In another surprise move by one half of the show’s creators, Mark Frost announced today that he has been working on a Twin Peaks novel called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks that reveals “what happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years ago.” The book also offers “a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series.”
“This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new. I couldn’t be more thrilled.”
—Mark Frost

The book, published by Flatiron Books, will go on sale late 2015, before the new Twin Peaks episodes on Showtime in 2016. The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks has also been picked up worldwide: in the United Kingdom (Pan Macmillan), Finland (Otava), Italy (Mondadori), Brazil (Companhia das Letras) and Germany (Kiepenheuer & Witsch). UPDATE: More foreign editions are expected.
Keep an eye on Welcome to Twin Peaks for further details about the book.

This will be the fourth official tie-in book after The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer (1990) by Jennifer Lynch (Amazon), The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes (1991) by Scott Frost (Amazon) and Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town (1991) by David Lynch, Mark Frost and Richard Saul Wurman (Amazon). Also check out Mark Frost’s previous books over at Amazon.

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...#ixzz3GLsBMKY7
Old 18-10-14, 15:42   #18
michaeldt

I shall read that.

Off topic: But has anyone wondered what Mulholland Drive would have turned out like, had it been made into the TV series it was planned to be?

Last edited by michaeldt; 18-10-14 at 15:43.
Old 19-10-14, 00:57   #19
Babou

^ Completely different. You can download the original pilot off the web. Not sure if I can post here but here is a detailed article of the differences between film and pilot, as well as where he wanted to go with it.

http://www.mulholland-drive.net/studies/pilot.htm

The pilot stops when the blue box is opened and I don't think they love story is in the pilot, neither would it of been an element in the TV series. Either way Lynch was grateful that it was cancelled and that it made it into a feature length film rather than a TV series.

Also trivia: Audrey Horne was originally to be the star of Mulholland Drive as she tries to take Hollywood by storm, therefore confirming that she is alive after the events of the series two finale.
Old 26-10-14, 16:54   #20
michaeldt

Interesting!

Another thought regarding TP. I'm not sure that I want Lara Flynn Boyle back to be honest... She was supposedly a bitch on set of the original series, and after her 30-something plastic surgeries, she really looks nothing like Donna anymore, in fact it scares me a little. If Donna is to come back, I think I'd prefer Moira Kelly .