Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-02-17, 19:02   #261
Enya Brennan

Astounding work! It still amazes me how far the fandom has come trying to fix all what AOD could not get done in time. This is a great community.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 22:36   #262
JOHN30011887

thanks for the latest 2 fixes, works great
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 19:06   #263
Caesum

I don't remember if I have ever asked it, but... Is it possible to fix/update characters as well? As far as I remember you have managed to fix broken policeman in Louvre levels. Do you think it is possible to change Lara's hair and maybe even UVW Mapping?

I ask because Lara's hair in the final version is less detailed than it was in the pre-release renders and screenshots. In the final version Lara's fringe is quite blocky and doesn't look as good as it did before release. Maybe it would be possible to fix the way it looks?
And if UVW maps were corrected, maybe it would be possible to reenable alpha on Lara's eyelashes and hair? It would be of great help for modders like TRJTA, who managed to greatly improve Lara's appearance.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 10:37   #264
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I don't remember if I have ever asked it, but... Is it possible to fix/update characters as well? As far as I remember you have managed to fix broken policeman in Louvre levels. Do you think it is possible to change Lara's hair and maybe even UVW Mapping?

I ask because Lara's hair in the final version is less detailed than it was in the pre-release renders and screenshots. In the final version Lara's fringe is quite blocky and doesn't look as good as it did before release. Maybe it would be possible to fix the way it looks?
And if UVW maps were corrected, maybe it would be possible to reenable alpha on Lara's eyelashes and hair? It would be of great help for modders like TRJTA, who managed to greatly improve Lara's appearance.
Yes, it will be possible with my CHR importer/exporter. You'll be able to do whatever you want with characters (change geometry, normals, UV mapping, textures, add alpha channel, bump map, specular map, fur).
Unfortunately, due to hard disk failure on my main pc, tools development is experiencing some slowdown. I've taken the "opportunity" to renew my pc, as soon as Ryzen 5 rolls out (so blame AMD lol ).
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 10:55   #265
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Yes, it will be possible with my CHR importer/exporter. You'll be able to do whatever you want with characters (change geometry, normals, UV mapping, textures, add alpha channel, bump map, specular map, fur).
Oh boy(girl?), this is too much of awesomeness to me. I think I'm going to faint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Unfortunately, due to hard disk failure on my main pc, tools development is experiencing some slowdown. I've taken the "opportunity" to renew my pc, as soon as Ryzen 5 rolls out (so blame AMD lol ).
I hope you will manage to fix things quickly. Is anything important lost?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 20:15   #266
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I hope you will manage to fix things quickly. Is anything important lost?
Some photos, luckily nothing really important.
Old 14-03-17, 18:38   #267
FairFriend

I saw a sweet deal on Amazon.it for a fx 8300 at 100 euros. A sweet alternative to ryzen if you ask me, especially if you have an AM3+ board. I personally snatched one to replace my old phenom ii!
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 23:36   #268
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
I saw a sweet deal on Amazon.it for a fx 8300 at 100 euros. A sweet alternative to ryzen if you ask me, especially if you have an AM3+ board. I personally snatched one to replace my old phenom ii!
Thanks but I don't have an am3+ motherboard so there's no point in buying a 5 years old cpu for an old socket. Furthermore an fx8300 is slower than my actual cpu (e6750 oc @ 3.2 GHz) in single threaded operations.
Old 15-03-17, 18:31   #269
FairFriend

well, if you need to buy a new motherboard you are right about the fx 8300 not being a valid choice, given it's relatively poor single thread performance (though they are generally good overclocker if the PSU, motherboard and cooling system are all good)
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-17, 20:49   #270
nakamichi680

Hi guys!

Some updates: in the next 2-3 weeks I'll migrate to the new computer but I'm working on one last fix on my current pc.
It will address all known issues in the Strahov Fortress