www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 15-09-17, 07:54   #61
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid21 View Post
Honestly, I enjoyed the conversation Lara had with Zip and Alister. It made the game more real and kinda human. It made it not feel so quiet. It wasn't that bad honestly.
Have you ever played TR I-V where Lara doesn't speak in-game? Because in these games it worked, so I'm sure that it wouldn't have hurt if there was less headset banter in TRL. Also: Legend and realistic? LOL!
Old 15-09-17, 12:37   #62
mind
Archaeologist

I think that Zip and Alister were fine additions too. Yes, I understand that they could have bothered someone, but I will not forgive that they removed them altogether in Underworld. Underworld could have been such a good game if only Eric would not listen to players wanting Emo Lara back.....
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 13:54   #63
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

I think that during the LAU era Crystal had a habit of misunderstanding what fans want. I wasn't completely against Z&A, but some of their dialogues were cringeworthy, annoying and unnecessary. They should've toned it down to story relevant dialogues, like they did in Beneath the Ashes. But nope, instead they went into the completely opposite direction and removed them entirely from in-game dialogues.
Old 15-09-17, 17:30   #64
mind
Archaeologist

I agree. I personally did not mind evil coatrack empire but I can see why some people did . They could have made levels with them and some levels without them. I think a lot of Lara's characterisation was made through conversations with Alister and Zip and the story in Underworld got downgraded partly because of their absence.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote