Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 10-08-14, 14:15   #1
charliesewell

Arrow Reality Tomb Raider: Series 6

Welcome to Reality Tomb Raider - a cross between a reality competition and a role-playing game.

Users can embody someone from Lara’s adventures by taking on the role of a ‘raider’ (a character) from Tomb Raider Underworld. Users will sustain this role throughout the duration of the series – predicted to be around 2 months long.

The levels will unfold in the form of RTR Days. RTR Days will equate to either 2, 3 or 4 real days, depending on the level it is presenting. However, some RTR Days may take longer than expected due to durations of Tasks and twists. I will specify the start and end of each RTR Day when appropriate to avoid confusion. Each RTR Day will revolve around a level in TRU, so there will be 20 Days in all. The Days make up the Chapters – the Mediterranean Sea, Coastal Thailand, Croft Manor, Southern Mexico, the Jan Mayen Island, the Andaman Sea and the Arctic Sea. The final Day of each Chapter will be Elimination Day.

This summer, things are about to get ruthless – the Underworld series will include raiders facing banishment to the Underworld, where the banished raider with the highest amount of elimination votes will be eliminated in each Chapter. The raiders who get banished will be decided by Tasks for each raider to partake in. The winners of each Task will gain immunity from the next elimination, while the other raiders will be banished to the Underworld. Additionally, there will be a variety of twists throughout the series that will affect banishments and eliminations. Expect the unexpected!

The winner of the series will be the last raider left standing after all eliminations have taken place and they will earn the ability to choose the Tomb Raider which the next series will be based upon.

If you are confused about whether RTR Days or real days are being mentioned, remember that a Day in RTR has a capital letter, but a normal day doesn’t.

All times and deadlines mentioned will be based on the time schedule of the forum.

Key:
Red - Eliminated raiders
Blue - Raider who are immune from the next elimination
Green - The winner of the series

The 8 raiders (in alphabetical order):
  • Alister
  • Amanda - GUMI
  • Amelia - midnight101
  • Lara - sackboy123
  • Natla - SrDanielPonces
  • Richard
  • Winston - Evermore
  • Zip - DVDSpike

Alister Fletcher
A research assistant and a repository for a fantastic array of detailed historical information.

User:
Eliminated:
Place:

Amanda Evert
A former friend of Lara’s, who has since become hardened and determined into achieving her goals.

User: GUMI
Eliminated:
Place:

Lady Amelia Croft
Lara’s mother, who was believed to be dead for many years. A loving, caring and curious woman.

User: midnight101
Eliminated:
Place:

Lara Croft
A famous and inspirational archaeologist-adventurer. She only plays for sport.

User: sackboy123
Eliminated:
Place:

Jacqueline Natla
A God Queen from the lost continent of Atlantis, who is inherently evil and will stop at nothing to achieve her own selfish desires for world domination.

User: SrDanielPonces
Eliminated:
Place:

Lord Richard Croft
Lara’s father, who is a respected and well-educated archaeologist.

User:
Eliminated:
Place:

Winston Smith
A faithful butler, eternally doting on the Croft family.

User: Evermore
Eliminated:
Place:

Zip
A loyal tech guy, responsible for providing technical and logistical support for Lara’s endeavours worldwide.

User: DVDSpike
Eliminated:
Place:

If you would like to take on the role of one of the raiders, please PM me with which raider you’d like to be. Please include a first and second choice, as someone might have already requested your first choice. I’ll accept them on a first come, first served basis, so try and get your PM to me as soon as you can. I’ll update this post as each raider gets accepted with a user.

The Advantages of Being a Raider

• You get to 'step into the shoes' of a character from the Tomb Raider series.
• You allow other users to see how the characters may react to a certain situation.
• You interact and converse with other characters and users.
• You might be crowned as the winner.

Introductions

When you have been confirmed as a raider, I would like you each to write a small biography. Remember, this is entirely for fun, can be made up and isn’t to be taken as official TR mythology. These introductions aren’t compulsory, but I think it would help to build up vital character developments to aid interactions between raiders. I look forward to learning more about the characters!

Interviews

After each elimination, I will post some questions for the eliminated raider to answer. They must be answered from the point of view of the character. Please entertain us!

The Winner

The raider who is crowned the winner at the end of the series will gain the ability to choose which game Reality Tomb Raider: Series 7 will be based on. These are the choices:
• Tomb Raider II
• Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
• Tomb Raider (2013)
• Tomb Raider Golds
• Tomb Raider Films

Last edited by charliesewell; 14-08-14 at 18:07.
charliesewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 14:16   #2
charliesewell

Arrow

If you have been accepted with a raider and are excited to get started, you can converse with other raiders in a prologue pre-Day 1, set in the burning Croft Manor. However, you will not be able to perform any actions – talking only!

When all raiders have been accepted with a user and are ready, I will post and Day 1 of the Mediterranean Sea will begin.

Raiders will be able to converse with other raiders whenever they want. Any other user can still comment.

I will indicate when voting is open before each elimination. Then, both users and raiders will be able to vote to eliminate the raider they want out of the raiders who are banished. To do this, PM me with the name of the raider you wish to eliminate. Votes must not be posted in this thread. Voting to eliminate will be friendly and not offensive, as we are eliminating the character, not the user. At the end of Day 20, the winner of the series will be announced and the series will end.

When Day 1 has started, you will each be given £300. You can easily gain more money through Tasks and by exploring; but equally, money can be easily taken away through purchases or by unsuccessful exploring. If you wish to buy something or look somewhere, for example, just post it clearly in the thread, in the format as shown below:

Code:
Buy Health Pack.
Code:
Look underneath the rock.
You can also sell Weapons and Items which you don’t want anymore. All you need to do is clearly post (in the above format) what you'd like to sell. You'll gain half of its price.

Hazards

Sometimes, instead of finding goodies whilst exploring, you may encounter enemies, hazards or traps. They'll have an effect on your inventory somehow. You have been warned!

Health Packs

You will each start with 3 Health Packs. You can buy a Health Pack for £40 and you can carry an unlimited amount. If at any point you run out of Health Packs, you will rack up 3 elimination votes for the next time you face banishment. Your Health Pack count will then reset to the original amount of 3 Health Packs.

Treasures

While exploring, you may find Treasures, which will be added to your inventory. At any time, you can exchange each Treasure for £100. However, if you exchange a Treasure while facing banishment, 2 elimination votes will be subtracted from your name instead of being given £100.

Gear

At any point, you can use any item of gear for free. However, you can use each item of gear only once in the series, so you must choose wisely when you want to take advantage of each ability.

PDA
You will be sent, in secret, a personal message containing advice, hints or tips on your journey of the series.

Scuba
Adds a random amount (1 to 5) of Health Packs to your inventory.

Camera
Can only be used when voting is open.
Lets you know, in secret, the percentage of all elimination votes a random banished raider has accumulated.

Personal Light Source
Adds a random amount (1 to 5) of Treasures to your inventory.

Grapple
Adds the Special Item from a non-eliminated raider of your choice to your inventory until the next elimination occurs. You can still use your usual Special Item.

Motorcycle
Your post count since the last elimination will be multiplied by 10 and converted into money to be added to your inventory.

Melee Attacks

You may combat another raider of your choice for free at any point. However, each attack can only be used once in each Chapter.

Stamp
Removes 1 Treasure from the target’s inventory.

Punch
Removes 1 Health Pack from the target’s inventory.

Kick
Removes 2 Health Packs from the target’s inventory.

Whack
Removes a random Item from the target’s inventory.

Weapons

You can shoot Weapons to have consequences on other raiders. You may find or buy a Weapon. If you want to shoot a raider, make it clear in your post who you are shooting. The target receives some consequences. You can only shoot a Weapon once – you buy it, you use it, you lose it.

Pistols - £80
Adds or racks up 1 elimination vote to two targets of your choice.

Submachine Gun - £120
Removes a random amount (1 to 3) of the target’s Vote Relics.

Shotgun - £90
Removes 3 Health Packs from the target’s inventory.

Assault Rifle - £80
Adds or racks up a random amount (1 to 3) of elimination votes to the target.

Tranquiliser Gun - £100
This Weapon can be used through a PM to me. The target won’t be alerted, but 3 Health Packs will unknowingly be removed from their inventory.

Spear Gun - £100
Steals a random Weapon and Item from the target’s inventory, adding it to your inventory.

Sticky Grenades - £160
Adds or racks up an elimination vote to up to five targets of your choice.

Items

You can use Items to gain an advantage. You may find or buy an Item. If you want to buy or use an Item in your inventory, make it clear in your post. You can only use an Item once – you buy it, you use it, you lose it.

Mjolnir - £100
Adds 4 elimination votes to the banished raider with the lowest amount of elimination votes.

Thor’s Gauntlets - £180
Adds or racks up an elimination vote to every raider, except the user.

Thor’s Belt - £130
Can only be used when voting is closed.
Removes all racked up elimination votes from the user.

Health Potion - £75
Adds a random amount (1 to 3) of Health Packs to your inventory.

Golden Handle - £100
Adds a random amount (£1 to £300) of money to your inventory.

Shiva Gem - £60
Adds a random amount (1 to 3) of Vote Relics to your inventory.

Stone Headdress - £190
Adds a random Weapon and Item to your inventory.

Key - £50
Removes an elimination vote from any banished raider of your choice, including yourself.

Elimination Voting

Each raider will start every Chapter with 10 Vote Relics. The number of Vote Relics each raider has will be indicated by the number of Relic images (see the illustration above) displayed in their inventories. These allow you to vote for banished raiders to be eliminated when I have indicated that voting is open. Every time you vote, you will lose a Vote Relic. Normal users can vote 10 times a Chapter as well. If in any Chapter, after the voting has closed, any raider has some Vote Relics left in their inventory, these will be racked up towards their elimination votes. Therefore, if you don’t vote, it’ll backfire on yourself for when you face banishment! Banished raiders must vote as well. Voting must only take place when voting is open. Remember - to vote, just send me a PM with the name of the banished raider(s) you'd like to be eliminated.

Special Abilities, Special Items and Weaknesses

When you have been confirmed as a raider, you must post a Special Ability, a Special Item and a Weakness which suits your character for you to use in the series. Let your imagination run wild! See previous series for examples. I will confirm them if I deem them suitable. Day 1 cannot begin until all have been confirmed, so please think them up quickly.

In each Chapter, I will provide Tasks for raiders to complete. The winning raiders will earn immunity from the next elimination, while the losing raiders will be banished to face the public vote of elimination. I will indicate before each Task the details of the amount of raiders to be banished. In addition, money and other inventory items will be awarded to raiders. In some Chapters, there will be a smaller Task which will decide certain factors and set up the main Task.

Tasks are optional, but you are encouraged to complete them. Deadlines will be given, and these will be final. Good luck!

Current Task

If you don’t spot the most recent Task within the thread, a copy will be posted below.

Last edited by charliesewell; 10-08-14 at 14:20.
Old 10-08-14, 14:16   #3
charliesewell

Arrow

Text Colours

To distinguish between raiders and their posts, it would be good for all raiders to pick a text colour to post in. Each colour chosen will be highlighted on each raider's inventory.

Weapon and Item Limit

Supporting previous users’ suggestions, now each raider can only carry up to 3 Weapons and up to 5 Items in their inventory at any one time.

Inheritance

When each raider is eliminated, all their Weapons and Items will be converted into money. Their money, Treasures and Health Packs can then be given to one or more remaining raiders. The distribution is the choice of the eliminated raider.

Raiders' Inventories

ALISTER

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Melee Attacks Used This Chapter:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability:
Special Item:
Weakness:

AMANDA
GUMI

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability:
Special Item:
Weakness:

AMELIA
midnight101

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability:
Special Item:
Weakness:

LARA
sackboy123

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability: How Flexible? - Lara has 20% chance of dodging traps while exploring.
Special Item: Thor's Hammer - When another raider attacks Lara, lightning gives off and deflects the attack back at them. Can only be used once every Day. Does not work with Melee Attacks.
Weakness: You Sly Old Fox - At the end of every Day, a random Weapon or Item gets removed from Lara's inventory and enters another random raider's inventory.

NATLA
SrDanielPonces

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability: Natla's Wings - They give Natla a 20% increased chance of finding Treasures and avoiding traps while exploring.
Special Item:
Weakness: Sarcasm - Natla's sarcasm easily angers everyone around her. Each Day, something from her inventory is randomly removed.

RICHARD

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability:
Special Item:
Weakness:

WINSTON
Evermore

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability:
Special Item:
Weakness:

ZIP
DVDSpike

Money:
Health Packs:
Treasures:
Gear Used:
Weapons:
Items:
Special Ability: Hacking
Special Item: Ray Gun
Weakness: Vulnerability to Magical Objects - A magical object randomly attacks Zip. Something from his inventory is randomly removed every Day.

This series is entirely for fun. The opening posts will be updated regularly. Please comment on what you think about the series, and PM me if you wish to apply to be a raider. Thank you!

Have fun raiding!

Last edited by charliesewell; 19-08-14 at 08:57.
Old 10-08-14, 18:47   #4
Seth94

Nice to see you've brought back another series.

I might participate, we'll see how things go. Depends on how busy I'll be in the coming days/weeks. Although, tbh, it would probably have been better to do TR2 or TR4, because the characters in TRU are very similar to TRL and so it may be quite similar. (Plus I don't really like TRU that much. )
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 16:57   #5
charliesewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth94 View Post
Nice to see you've brought back another series.

I might participate, we'll see how things go. Depends on how busy I'll be in the coming days/weeks. Although, tbh, it would probably have been better to do TR2 or TR4, because the characters in TRU are very similar to TRL and so it may be quite similar. (Plus I don't really like TRU that much. )
Thanks Seth!

I hope you do decide to take part! Yeah, we'll get to those series in later years, but Underworld was the choice of the previous winner, tomee.

-----

Everyone else, I need participants in order to get this series started. Please do get in touch if you wish to take part. Thank you.
Old 11-08-14, 17:12   #6
tomee

Speaking of me...
I'm sorry but I cannot participate this time. This is my last year in secondary school and I want to focus on my Biology and Chemistry studies. I want to be a pharmacist so I need to maximise my results during the final exams in next May. I'm also taking extracurricular Chemistry lessons and I've started going to the gym.

I hope you understand.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 17:15   #7
charliesewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Speaking of me...
I'm sorry but I cannot participate this time. This is my last year in secondary school and I want to focus on my Biology and Chemistry studies. I want to be a pharmacist so I need to maximise my results during the final exams in next May. I'm also taking extracurricular Chemistry lessons and I've started going to the gym.

I hope you understand.
Hey, tomee!

Of course, that's absolutely fine! No worries! Good luck with everything!
Old 11-08-14, 17:22   #8
sackboy123

If no one is joining in I will I'll be Lara

Special Ability: How Flexible?
This ability allows Lara 20% chance to dodge certain traps

Weakness: You sly old fox: At the end of every day an Item or weapon goes missing from Lara's Inventory and enters another raiders Inventory

I'll have Lime green
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 17:38   #9
charliesewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
If no one is joining in I will I'll be Lara

Special Ability: How Flexible?
This ability allows Lara 20% chance to dodge certain traps

Weakness: You sly old fox: At the end of every day an Item or weapon goes missing from Lara's Inventory and enters another raiders Inventory

I'll have Lime green
Thanks for taking part again, sackboy! Of course you can be Lara! I'll update the opening post shortly! Don't forget to think up a Special Item as well.
Old 11-08-14, 17:39   #10
sackboy123

That's new lol I'll start thinking
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote