Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 26-04-17, 12:45   #1
ggctuk

Default Jurassic World 2

Surprised there's no thread about this yet.

The sequel to Jurassic World is coming out June next year, starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, with Jeff Goldblum returning as Ian Malcolm (last seen in The Lost World). The film is believed to be moving away from the islands and may be dealing with the idea that the creation of dinosaurs may be going 'open source'.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 14:34   #2
Wooxman

I haven't even heard of this and I don't know if I'm in for it. Jurassic World was good because it was a sequel but also kinda like an alternate version of Jurassic Park where the park actually opened and it wasn't just a small group of people who got chased by the dinos but hundreds of park visitors. And I'm really glad that it wasn't a remake or re-imagining like so many new movies within old franchises. After the disappointment that was Jurassic Park III, the series ended on a very high note and I'd like if it stayed that way.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 15:03   #3
Tombraider95

I actually enjoyed the first movie, even though many people didn't like it. I hope it does get another film as we need more dinosaurs

But I did hate the kids and hope they stay away and any characters similar to them in the future.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 16:19   #4
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I actually enjoyed the first movie, even though many people didn't like it. I hope it does get another film as we need more dinosaurs

But I did hate the kids and hope they stay away and any characters similar to them in the future.
Everybody I know liked Jurassic World.
Old 26-04-17, 17:26   #5
Dennis's Mom

I go to see these movies for CGI dinosaurs. As long as the new movie doesn't screw up the final fight like the last movie, I'll be happy.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 19:12   #6
Jami393

I've yet to see Jurassic World, but I will be willing to see the sequel as we've got Ian Malcolm returning. I wonder how he feels about the whole park actually happening like what Hammond wanted. We know he has a huge dislike for the ancient creatures returning.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 19:20   #7
HRHCroft

I loved "Jurassic World" so I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for this. I think the concept must be kind of difficult to work around in that there's only so many times you can do the 'dinosaurs get loose and wreak havoc in the dinosaur theme park.' Even in the movies' universe, another event like that would be pushing it.

Unpopular (most likely) opinion: "Jurassic Park" is the only truly good entry of the original three. I didn't see them all until last year (way late to the game, I know) and I was really surprised at how much they dropped the ball after such a great start, especially as it was both a big critical and commercial success.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 20:57   #8
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
I've yet to see Jurassic World, but I will be willing to see the sequel as we've got Ian Malcolm returning. I wonder how he feels about the whole park actually happening like what Hammond wanted. We know he has a huge dislike for the ancient creatures returning.
I'm genuinely surprised they never did any tie in material with the original Jurassic Park characters. I'd certainly be interested to hear what happened to Dr. Grant after JP3, whether his dig did indeed eventually die out entirely, and what all the characters thought about the idea of a new park opening - in the same place as the original they survived.
Old 08-12-17, 02:38   #9
ozzman

sorry to bump an old thread, but we finally have a trailer

behind the scenes preview

Release Date, June 22 2018

few notices i found [spoilers]

- Compies are back
- Baryonyx is finally on film
- Carnotarus is finally on film after being introduced in the Lost World Novel
- CGI looks better plus robot dinos are back
- Jeff Goldblum !!!
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-17, 03:18   #10
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post
Unpopular (most likely) opinion: "Jurassic Park" is the only truly good entry of the original three.
Actually, I think that's the general consensus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
sorry to bump an old thread, but we finally have a trailer
So awesome! Thanks for posting

I went into Jurassic World expecting it to be crap with cool dinosaurs and I ended up loving it. Claire is my second-favorite character in the series (after the original T. rex ) and I'm excited to see both of them return in the sequel. Malcolm used to be my favorite character when I was little. I kind of find him annoying now, but I'm still interested in what they'll do with him.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote