www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 31-03-15, 23:19   #1
Peixoto
Student

Default Peixoto's Tomb Raider 4 and 5 patch

The patch was been updated and now supports win 10, for those still on win7 and having trouble with the camera freezing, the win 10 version might be worth trying

Just published this patch... it features

- A fix for the lag when to accessing the inventory. The games will now go to the inventory instantly

- Aspect ratio and field of view correction when running he games in widescreen resolutions (in TR4 you can also chose to use the aspect ratio of the PSX version)

- Full support for Xinput controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One and similar controllers) with working triggers\dpad and cheats(optional)

- Easily management of mods\reskins with no need to move files around

- A new and very simple method to modify the games textures that allows 32 bit textures in any resolution supported by the video card

- A new inventory background

Download and ask questions here:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=53121

Last edited by Peixoto; 27-03-17 at 05:14.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 01:48   #2
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Awesome! Thanks a lot for another wonderful patch Peixoto

Can't wait to try this out next week I'll be sure to give feedback!
Old 01-04-15, 07:17   #3
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

It's easy to exchange the memory cards with the Disk things from TR5 with a programme called Fexmerger
Old 01-04-15, 07:36   #4
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Amazing, thank you so much for your hard work!

This program will be handy for our TR4HD project!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 09:36   #5
ToMbRaIdErxFtW
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
Amazing, thank you so much for your hard work!

This program will be handy for our TR4HD project!
^Yeah I was gonna point that out too.

Thanks alot Peixoto for your great work once again
Old 01-04-15, 09:37   #6
Zavi
Student

For the diskettes... That would require new wads and I am wondering that if you are using old saves they will not work as the level has a new wad.

With the no-lag thing. Does that replace the entire inventory background? I assume that the lag is the game taking a screenshot of the screen for the inventory (because if you put a window infront of the game then go on inventory and move the window away it will still be there in the inventory background) Does the no-lag version take a screenshot of the game? If so does fix the 32bit background corruption? Or is it like FLEP where it does not take a screenshot it just freezes everything that is rendered and dimms the screen.
Zavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 09:42   #7
Peixoto
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavi View Post
For the diskettes... That would require new wads and I am wondering that if you are using old saves they will not work as the level has a new wad.

With the no-lag thing. Does that replace the entire inventory background? I assume that the lag is the game taking a screenshot of the screen for the inventory (because if you put a window infront of the game then go on inventory and move the window away it will still be there in the inventory background) Does the no-lag version take a screenshot of the game? If so does fix the 32bit background corruption? Or is it like FLEP where it does not take a screenshot it just freezes everything that is rendered and dimms the screen.
I'm not sure the lag is just for taking the screenshot because i can make TR3 skip the function that copies the data of the frontbuffer to the textures it uses to render the background and it still lags.

The patch also takes a screenshot of the frontbuffer, but it uses a blt instead of locking and copying the surface data with the CPU... a yes if fixes the corruption

Last edited by Peixoto; 01-04-15 at 09:47.
Old 01-04-15, 09:48   #8
Zavi
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
I'm not sure the lag is just for taking the screenshot because i can make TR3 skip the function that copies the data of the frontbuffer to the textures it uses to render the background and it still lags.

The patch also takes a screenshot of the frontbuffer, but it uses a blt instead of locking and copying the surface data with the CPU
Ok thanks. So now you have reprogrammed the screenshot function I assume there will be no 32bit background corruption?
Zavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 09:53   #9
Peixoto
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavi View Post
Ok thanks. So now you have reprogrammed the screenshot function I assume there will be no 32bit background corruption?
No, no corruption in whatever resolution or bitdeph
Old 01-04-15, 10:06   #10
ToMbRaIdErxFtW
Historian

Wow this is really annoying. Norton kepps on automatically deleting Tomb4fix because it detects a virus and I cant even restore it.