Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 14-03-17, 13:40   #1981
Laras Boyfr.

Really angry with the crate drops which show 9 prizes, but I literally never got any diamonds out of it. Seems like there is not a chance of 11% for every crate. It seems rigged as hell. Never going to open any crate by spending diamonds any longer.
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 14:22   #1982
Erikku

I got diamonds several times with opening only one crate.
I think it's just a case of luck.
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-17, 00:42   #1983
HRHCroft

I've tried following the crates as the swap around, but no luck getting the top prize so far. I do think it's rigged at least a little, though I've started getting a better selection of prizes.

I am having problems battling the T-Rex during the first boss battle in Cambodia. The shooting part is fine, but I keep dying when it switches to the parts when the T-Rex comes at you head on and ducks its head down to eat you. I don't know whether I'm supposed to swipe left or right to dodge, or slide under its face. Sometimes the slide works (when it attacks in an area where there's a large puddle of water) but other times Lara just slides right into the T-Rex's mouth haha.

Can you jump over the T-Rex when it ducks its head down?
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-17, 09:59   #1984
Matie

I think you need to slide, like this: https://youtu.be/soNJkEtcmWM?t=23m4s Don't know if this part was changed after an update, but with a well timed slide you should be able to dodge it easily.

Oh this reminds me how much I loved this game, until the Tibet update. I haven't played much since then; all the fun was taken away (all weapons nerfed, my upgrades pretty much disappeared, making the enemies strong and the upgrades expensive so you're forced to spend money or farm for infinity... no thanks.) I didn't get anything out of those boxes either, it was almost always just a few coins.

Last edited by Matie; 15-03-17 at 10:22.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-17, 18:16   #1985
HRHCroft

I'll try the sliding thing. I actually just realised playing today that you can shoot and inflict damage on the T-Rex before the red target for the headshot appears during the shooting sections. No wonder it was taking forever for its health bar to deplete haha!

It's crazy how fun and addictive this game is. Though I am getting a little tired of Cambodia, now; looking forward to advancing to the desert stage.
Old 16-03-17, 12:47   #1986
Dennis's Mom

You have to slide, but not always in the same path. There's one where if you slide on the right, he eats you. The differences are subtle. the ice wall the onis throw is similar: took me forever to find the single detail to focus on so I know which way to go.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 20:05   #1987
HRHCroft

I'm starting to pick up on the patterns, now. Damn tricky, though! I decided to go back and complete the 3-star sections that I'd missed to load up on coins, gems, etc. and keep getting practice with the general mechanics.

That T-Rex won't know what's hit it! ...at some point...
Old 22-03-17, 21:22   #1988
HRHCroft

Well, I just lost all my progress today, after getting to the 33rd part of the Jungle level...

I think my phone cleaner app must've done it. But it's strange because the audio settings I changed remained unaltered, and Lara is still wearing the Classic version of her default outfit which I chose, but the game starts me at the very beginning; all my coins, gems, etc. gone.

Genuinely annoyed. That cleaning app does a regular system clean every three days and it's never done this before, so I don't know what's changed. Unless the game has amounted a higher amount of data than normal which made the app think it was worth deleting..?
Old 08-04-17, 18:59   #1989
LateRaider
Inactive

I just got a new phone and yay, Relic Run works on it! But how in the world do you change outfits now? I just completed the tutorial level. Everything looks sooo different.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 18:50   #1990
HRHCroft

I bought an in app purchase for this the other day - a bundle for £1.49 (gems, coins, Gold Duals) that was on special offer. First time (and likely last) I've ever done that for one of these games. But I am a tad obssessed haha!

Finally made it to the Sahara levels and am loving it. I like how the camera moves now, makes it a bit more challenging but looks really cool. As do the new parkour moves the environment allows. Well, one anyway (the wall run into front walkover). Loving the new music and general vibe of it.

Slightly miffed, though; I purchased a new outfit - the Jungle variation of Area 51 - only to find that it seems you're not able to get the variations until you have the original first.