www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old Yesterday, 22:53   #28481
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
You know looking at the image again, I guess I can see that its just the covered area for the gas pumps. It's strange that the rain is getting under it though. I also wonder why they didn't use the "Taxago" gas station name?

The Emmy's diner might still be in, but it could all just happen at the gas station as well. That storyboard image on twitter, just showed she was stopping because she was low on gas. It would make sense for her to go inside the gas station to pay, since paying at the pump wouldn't have been very common in 1998. Guess we'll see.
She might be sitting just at the edge of the roofing, so she's still getting rained on. Or the rain is all behind her. Or it's phantom rain and can go through solid surfaces
Old Today, 01:39   #28482
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Okay, so that render is really incredible. Even though I still think that her outfit is way too similar to REV2 after seeing it in full makes me a lot happier about it, and yas! The made in heaven logo made its appearance! Finally! I’m so glad it’s there, even if I feel it’s a little too subtle, it’s still cool and I’m a little more happy about this. That bike is ****ing sick too, really cool!

The collectors edition is really disappointing though. A statue of only Leon? Here we go... Leon is my favorite RE character and all but wow, thats obnoxious. Literally all the physical stuff in this CE is junk, a box? Why do I want that? Some poster of the RPD, who cares? Ugh. CE’s are so boring these days. Probably still going to buy it though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I find it weird that she’s already equipped with a pistol, who leaves the house with a gun strapped to their leg? The thing I most like about the early RE games was that you were playing as normal people that were thrust into crazy and horrific situations, it made you feel vaulnerable and made it more scary, but this kind of ruins that.

Last edited by Daft Raider; Today at 01:45.
Daft Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25   #28483
robm_2007
Legend

^ Who leaves a house with a knife strapped on their chest?!
Old Today, 04:38   #28484
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
EDIT: I forgot to mention I find it weird that she’s already equipped with a pistol, who leaves the house with a gun strapped to their leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
^ Who leaves a house with a knife strapped on their chest?!
Who rides a motorcycle in the rain with their jacket unzipped halfway down?!
Old Today, 12:44   #28485
CharmedSlayer
Hobbyist

^ You could argue that it wasn’t raining when she left and you know zombies coming at her might make her forget to zip up haha. And while I love her RE2 design there is no practical reason for her to have a giant knife on her shoulder.

Last edited by CharmedSlayer; Today at 12:46.
CharmedSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:08   #28486
Mikky
Legend

I like how they're equally prominent; neither one is behind the other or anything like that.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:12   #28487
Grimaldi
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
https://i.imgur.com/sivQrns.jpg
That’s gorgeous.
Old Today, 13:39   #28488
jackali
Super Moderator

Who designed that? Having them weirdly floating above the city? That's awful.

The two pictures are great, but put together it's a mess.

Should have had the top picture for the front, and the cityscape on the other side as a reversible insert, spread across both the front and back.
Old Today, 14:08   #28489
redfox45
Explorer

Looks alright I guess, bit generic though. I will always feel the "less is more" design of the original cover arts is unbeatable.

Especially the one we had

So simple yet so menacing. The ambiguity of what the hell it's even supposed to be is something I always loved about it.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:52   #28490
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/sivQrns.jpg[/ig]

I like how they're equally prominent; neither one is behind the other or anything like that.
Do we know if that’s offically the cover art? I like those pictures but it’s not exactly cover art material. I would’ve preferred something simple like a redesign of the original zombie peaking around the corner. Something creepy and ominous loming in the darkness, isn’t that the aesthetic they’re going for anyway? Instead of the generic ~character in action pose~ format. I guess just like Collectors Editions the age of interesting cover art is dead too.