Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-07-18, 18:57   #21
Grimaldi

It might be for the best. Working over 10 years on one series would fatigue anyone, which the reboot itself is probably a sign of. I’ve really enjoyed their games from Legend to now, but they deserve to work on something else if that’s where their hearts are.

A new developer for either a main or side title would be quite exciting.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:00   #22
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Its the entire direction that shows it, it was made for money, not passion, the entire gameplay style of Reboot is a bad attempt at copying cover shooters with a bunch of tacked on stuff like Crafting systems, Boring hollywood wannabe plots and a soundtrack that had no care put into it. (Yes I know they made a new Instrument, doesn't matter if the music is still terrible)

but of course people will say they were "Modernising it" or some nonsense like that.

You don't "conveniently" throw out literally everything that made your franchise stick out if you care about it.
Well! That's totally subjective especially the soundtrack! But i respect your opinion.

Quote:
I don't believe they are, they're doing the Rise thing of throwing the bare minimum amount of effort to say they "Listened"
Remember how Rise hyped up the Tomb traps and they were absolutely pathetic?
I kinda agree! I highly doubt it will be THE Tomb Raider experience people think it will be more like "if you liked the last two you will definitely love this one too"

But it's gonna be the best in the trilogy probably.

Last edited by 2001LC20; 18-07-18 at 19:01.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:00   #23
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
It might be for the best. Working over 10 years on one series would fatigue anyone, which the reboot itself is probably a sign of. I’ve really enjoyed their games from Legend to now, but they deserve to work on something else if that’s where their hearts are.
Agreed.
I also wanted to point out how Eidos taking over isn't set in stone. They have their own games to worry about.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:11   #24
Legends

Quote:
I don't believe they are, they're doing the Rise thing of throwing the bare minimum amount of effort to say they "Listened"
Remember how Rise hyped up the Tomb traps and they were absolutely pathetic?, instead of a TR game, we got a really terrible Resistance story, with one of the worst video game baddies ever, Trinity, and the lot of nonsense they brought, What happened to the comedic mercs we had in Legend? now we have over-to-the-top generic EVIVVVILLL GUYS who do war crimes every 5 seconds and talk about war crimes the rest.
I remember all of the hype and nothing was delivered as promised. I don't expect that this game will be any different. When they keep doing that over and over it's easy to believe that they don't really care much.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:17   #25
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I remember all of the hype and nothing was delivered as promised. I don't expect that this game will be any different. When they keep doing that over and over it's easy to believe that they don't really care much.
I mean it's good that you're keeping your expectations in check but why are you so invested in this game if you know full well that you'll probably hate it?
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:18   #26
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I mean it's good that you're keeping your expectations in check but why are you so invested in this game if you know full well that you'll probably hate it?
Because its like watching a train crash, as the saying goes.
Also TR used to be one of my favourite series of all time.

Last edited by Samz; 18-07-18 at 19:34.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:19   #27
b.gluch

I want at least one more game with this current reboot Lara, it took 3 games for her to become "the Tomb Raider she's destined to be", could we at least get a game with a fully fledged Lara Croft. I'd love if there was a 5 year hiatus and then when Lara comes back she's in her late 20s/early 30s, as a matured, confident woman who developped a little bit of a bold personality. I still think a remake of TR2 inline with an older reboot Lara could really work.
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:30   #28
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Being realistic with my expectations doesn't mean I don't like to talk about it. A lot of people feel the same way.

Quote:
Because its like watching a train crash, as the saying goes.
It's just that this train keeps on crashing.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:30   #29
E.Carnby

I would say that the sequel of Tomb Raider is dependent on sales number. Rise did not shine as expected.
I think that Tomb Raider will return after The Avengers project to Crystal Dynamics. We will wait 6-7 years I think. Now is priority finish restart of Lara Croft in EM after this new Deus Ex.

Last edited by E.Carnby; 18-07-18 at 19:34.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 19:32   #30
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
Rise did not shine as expected.
It did almost as good as TR'13 (in two years, so far) and Square Enix was pleased.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote