Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 25-02-13, 02:52   #1
mizuno_suisei

Question Obtaining the DLC games?

Hi all

Because TR is a week away, I have to go to my old place and get my 360 so I'm actually able to play it. It made me realise, I could actually download Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow as my new house has WiFi! They're the only TR expansions i've never played so why not in antisipation!

How will I have to go about it? Do I need to re-complete underworld to 'unlock' the ability to download them/win them? do I need to pay for them? If so, how much? I've never had WiFi/super awesome internet before so I never got to even consider getting them hmm.

Any information/steps to doing this would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 25-02-13 at 02:54.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 04:16   #2
JsotoTRSaga

You have to buy them with microsoft points that are sold pretty much everywhere where games are sold and then redeem the code behind the card of points and that's it then search for it on XBL and download away!

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 25-02-13 at 04:18.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 04:34   #3
mizuno_suisei

$33 for 2000 points? Christ!. May just download one, then the other in a few more months when I can afford it

Thanks
Old 25-02-13, 04:43   #4
Richard_Croft

First of all, congrats on your decision to acquire the Tomb Raider Underworld extra levels. You'll certainly enjoy them as much as I did! I loved Lara's Shadow, feels like a totally new game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Do I need to pay for them? If so, how much?
Yes you do! First you need to go to a store that sells games and buy the Microsoft Points card. If you're planning on getting both, I recommend you to buy the 1600 MS Points card ($20).

If you need help to proceed please ask us here
Richard_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 06:46   #5
mizuno_suisei

I've actually always wanted to play them. I remember messaging a CD staff member to follow up on if the expansions were going to be released on DVD copy but I never got a response. (back in 08 aha)

Can't I just buy these points online without needing to go into a store? Just managed to log into the Xbox account I made back when I got underworld No points damn it.
Old 25-02-13, 06:55   #6
Scorpio1991

You can use a visa card or debt card if you have one
Scorpio1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 06:56   #7
ajrich17901

Quote:
I've actually always wanted to play them. I remember messaging a CD staff member to follow up on if the expansions were going to be released on DVD copy but I never got a response. (back in 08 aha)

Can't I just buy these points online without needing to go into a store? Just managed to log into the Xbox account I made back when I got underworld No points damn it.
Yes you can, you can add points via xbox.com or by getting a code online from buying it from amazon.com
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 09:53   #8
Wooxman

Quote:
How will I have to go about it? Do I need to re-complete underworld to 'unlock' the ability to download them/win them? do I need to pay for them? If so, how much? I've never had WiFi/super awesome internet before so I never got to even consider getting them hmm.
You can play them without starting the main game at all. Just go to the DLC option in the main menu and chose the levels from there. But if you've collected the golden balls in the main game, which increase Laras health, this will transfer to Beneath the Ashes, so you can play this level with 200% health. And it's better if you play BtA at first because Lara's Shadow contains spoilers of the end of BtA.
And both levels are amazing! Beneath the Ashes is as complex as a TR level should be and Lara's Shadow is just an amazing gaming experience. Oh, and download the outfit DLCs, too. They're for free and playing TRU with the classic outfit is really nice.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 15:14   #9
mizuno_suisei

currently downloading both expansions and all outfit packs woo. will play LS first. I do remember reading spoilers but..I can't actually remember so score!
Old 25-02-13, 18:50   #10
CrisGer

I hope someday these will be available for PC too, have fun and enjoy..post some screenies..non spoilers if poss
CrisGer is offline   Reply With Quote