Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 04-01-12, 11:27   #21
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekkobialka View Post
Whoops, sorry. In the standalone tracks I decided to combine the same themes together; in the actual soundtrack (in-game) this doesn't happen. If you want, you can download the Glidos version, navigate to the Tracks folder in the zip file, and listen to '14tension1' and '21tension2': these two tracks by themselves (in 'Wolves Attack!' it's these the two tracks I combined together)
Thanks for letting me know, I'll re-download the zip (I already had it once but deleted it ).

Quote:
I'm really sorry, I thought people would prefer to listen to a compilation...but obviously I was deluded.
Don't beat yourself up about it, it's only a matter of personal taste. Had it not been my favourite music track from the game I most likely wouldn't have said anything

EDIT
I still had the zip/files in my Recycle Bin, I've swapped "Wolves Attack!" for "14tension1" and updated the tags. I added "21tension2" and made up my own name (while copying your other tags)

Last edited by Spong; 04-01-12 at 11:37.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 12:17   #22
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
I had a listen to it on my computer, but I couldn't hear the scratching sound anywhere (even from the zip folder)...have you tried downloading again? Something might've gone wrong.

However, thanks for pointing this out , and I would like to ask other people to confirm if there is a scratching sound between 3 and 5 seconds on the TR1 Revised soundtrack.

Also, thank you all for your generous feedback and comments.
That's quite strange :S It's definately there. Maybe it's just mine :S
Either way, this is FANTASTIC it is noticably different from the original tracks. Fantastic work. Can't wait to hear the TR2 version
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 12:27   #23
strawberry22

It's....It's so beautiful
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 13:29   #24
jonathanrij

This is just incredible! Thank you very much .
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 16:43   #25
Spong

Okay, I've given them all a proper listen to now. For the most part, they're awesome, just like your remastered TR3 soundtrack. I have a couple of niggles though (and this so isn't me saying what you've done is in any way rubbish ).

The reverb doesn't sound right on some of the tracks to me, they seem like they're trapped inside a music studio, the reverb is kind of muffled and blunted. There should be a lot more on certain instruments on certain tracks to accentuate that cavernous/hall feel the originals tracks have. Also, more than one track has been merged. Stuff like those two tablanca tracks is fair enough I guess, they're as short as anything and pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of the soundtrack. I can split the other files myself, the ones that don't feel right where they've been combined, so no worries there really.

That's the only constrictive criticisms I have. Apart from that, like your TR3 soundtrack, you've done an amazing job
Old 04-01-12, 17:06   #26
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Okay, I've given them all a proper listen to now. For the most part, they're awesome, just like your remastered TR3 soundtrack. I have a couple of niggles though (and this so isn't me saying what you've done is in any way rubbish ).

The reverb doesn't sound right on some of the tracks to me, they seem like they're trapped inside a music studio, the reverb is kind of muffled and blunted. There should be a lot more on certain instruments on certain tracks to accentuate that cavernous/hall feel the originals tracks have. Also, more than one track has been merged. Stuff like those two tablanca tracks is fair enough I guess, they're as short as anything and pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of the soundtrack. I can split the other files myself, the ones that don't feel right where they've been combined, so no worries there really.

That's the only constrictive criticisms I have. Apart from that, like your TR3 soundtrack, you've done an amazing job
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the first time that someone has mentioned that my tracks are blunt, as if you were listening backstage...and actually, I've actually been trying to solve this problem for a long time! The original tracks do sound better in terms of instrument placement and clarity...but there's something about the sample library I'm using (EWQLSO) that make the instruments sound too atmostpheric...

I will look into it, definitely - I'll keep experimenting in future compositions, and if I do come across some sort of 'fix', I'll be sure to apply it to this soundtrack.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 17:10   #27
Spong

Keep up the good work, keep fiddling with settings and you never know, you might crack it
I look forwards to hearing your remastered TR2 when you get round to it (except that silly snowmobile track, no amount of improving on your part will ever make that track sound any good ).
Old 05-01-12, 09:22   #28
tomekkobialka

Exclamation

Glidos installer has been uploaded.

This is essentially for those who may find the copy, backup process of the manual version confusing...essentially all you need to do is run the .exe and the soundtrack will install all by itself. There is also an uninstaller that gets extracted with the .exe, so you can revert back to the original soundtrack at the click of a button.

The readme has also been updated to include info on this version.

I'll also be making an installer for DOSBox users, but not for 'TR1 Revised'.

Last edited by tomekkobialka; 05-01-12 at 09:26.
Old 05-01-12, 10:14   #29
gamer151

Wow, thats amazing. Thanks
gamer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:14   #30
tomekkobialka

Exclamation

'gidierre's Advanced Installer' installer has been uploaded!

All you have to do is run AIversionsetup.exe and after installation you can immediately start playing the game!

To un-install, navigate to C:\tombraider and run 'stuninstall.exe' - soundtrack will revert back to original next time you play.