Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 06-06-18, 18:13   #1
supraspecies

Default Where GOG really dropped the ball

I'll get straight to the point. GOG version:

1) In Lara's Home music that you can turn on loops endlessly - which was NOT the case with original game.
2) When Lara jumps back in areas with low ceiling, she hits the ceiling and drops where she stood. The same behavior can be seen in the last original patch for the CD version. That makes you a reeeealy easy target for enemies, when you can't jump back.

Now I have a version of TRII where both of these issues are solved (and God knows how many bugs GOG introduced with their music wrapper).

I'd like to upload my clean and bugless version. Since that would be piracy, I can't upload the entire game. But I can at least upload the modified resources. And yes, you CAN'T run the game with just these resources, so it's not piracy, but rather a mod.

Would anyone be interested?
supraspecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 19:24   #2
laravision

I'd be interested to see your fixes. Not sure if I would use them however, as I already use some existing solutions which fix the music issue, the annoying low ceiling jump bug, and in addition to those, widescreen support and PSX health bars among other enhancements.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 20:54   #3
Caesum

The jump back bug is a known one and has been there for many years. If I'm not mistaken it was patched in one of the earliest patchs for the game.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 05:50   #4
TR-Freak
Unverified

^Yes, it's because of the Multipatch. The Steam version uses the Multipatch, too and has this problem
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 07:50   #5
supraspecies

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
I already use some existing solutions which fix the music issue
Which fix is that? Probably "cleaner" than mine. And as far as jumping bug goes, the only way I know of is to roll back to the original EXE and make no-cd out of it. I also made no-cd and music for The Golden Mask.

For the jumping bug, you can just use my EXE:
https://mega.nz/#!xcc0lBZJ!xpdBOFoMl...vTvjZ_RC9bszR4

I made it back in 2012, but I don't remember what exactly I have modified. My guess is that it's original EXE that I just edited to work as no-cd. Definitely compatible with GOG version, but I never tested it with my Steam game.

Last edited by supraspecies; 07-06-18 at 08:14.
supraspecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 15:25   #6
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraspecies View Post
Which fix is that?
There are multiple. First, there is Arsunt's TR2Main. The eventual project aims to be a complete overhaul of the TR2 PC experience. Among the many features of the latest executable alongside the TR2Main.dll, it is also compatible with a couple of music solutions (see below).
https://github.com/Arsunt/TR2Main/tree/master/binaries (TR2Main-20180105.zip) or a later revision here.

The music solution I use is comprised of separate mp3 tracks in a music folder. More info here.

Another music solution is one which consists of separate wma files in a "music" folder, which uses its own "fmodex.dll" and "winmm.dll". Download here.
Detailed post regarding music solutions (includes flac) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=360

Other patched executables by Sardoc - https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...73718D7E6FEA28

There's also Peixoto's mod manager for TR II, which can apparently allow uncompressed audio.

Last edited by laravision; 24-03-23 at 08:09.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote