Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 02-02-14, 01:42   #11
2awesome4apossum

Fantastic work, Gh0stblade. I haven't had any issues to speak of thusfar. I appreciate the time and effort you put into bringing the iOS textures to the PC.

I wouldn't mind it if someone found a way to integrate these without Glidos, but as a quick plug for the program: $10 is a small price to pay for all the nifty things Glidos can do. (The Tomb Raider Xtra packs, and higher quality FMVs are worth playing around with too.)

Anyway, thanks again! You have once again proven yourself to be one of the most fascinating forum members around.
2awesome4apossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 08:08   #12
mizuno_suisei

About to try it out now

Plans to release level 7 onwards? I noticed the pack only goes up to that far
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 09:29   #13
mizuno_suisei

Sorry to be a downer, but it seems this pack isn't compatible with the Glidos tomb.exe, only the GOG one. The GOG one doesn't seem to support triggered music, and the Glidos one doesn't load your textures. aaah!
Old 04-02-14, 14:12   #14
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2awesome4apossum View Post
Fantastic work, Gh0stblade. I haven't had any issues to speak of thusfar. I appreciate the time and effort you put into bringing the iOS textures to the PC.

I wouldn't mind it if someone found a way to integrate these without Glidos, but as a quick plug for the program: $10 is a small price to pay for all the nifty things Glidos can do. (The Tomb Raider Xtra packs, and higher quality FMVs are worth playing around with too.)

Anyway, thanks again! You have once again proven yourself to be one of the most fascinating forum members around.
You're wlecome and thank you for trying it out! Hope you enjoy the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
About to try it out now

Plans to release level 7 onwards? I noticed the pack only goes up to that far
Well sadly they only made HD textures for levels before Egypt. Anything onwards will have the same textures. Although there is 1 HD texture on one of the Atlantis levels.

Quote:
Sorry to be a downer, but it seems this pack isn't compatible with the Glidos tomb.exe, only the GOG one. The GOG one doesn't seem to support triggered music, and the Glidos one doesn't load your textures. aaah!
Well that's a shame. As it was stated before previously by someone else. I could only recommend that you just use the other one which works. I wasn't aware of there being many releases. I may add support for those other versions but I only have this 1 version of the game and I'm not sure where these other versions are available.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 06:22   #15
mizuno_suisei

They didn't texture the entire game? What a rip off! That's just incomprehensible to me. "Let's texture everything up until Atlantis". What
Old 05-02-14, 17:06   #16
Zique

Quote:
They didn't texture the entire game? What a rip off! That's just incomprehensible to me. "Let's texture everything up until Atlantis". What
I thought this was fan made and I was gonna say you're being rude, but then I saw the textures are from the iOS version and what the hell? You're completely right, it doesn't make any sense
Zique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 17:23   #17
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Theoretically it is more than possible to do without Glidos. Just some adjustments need to be made to the executable so that it supports loading larger textures. Then patching the original .PHDs. If someone were to do that, it could take a while.
Is it possible to place textures outside of the level file? It'd be easier to manage textures that way I think, also separate bmp/tga file for every level texture would fix texture-bleeding problem. Do you think it can be done like this? Also this way it wouldn't be needed to upload whole levels, which I'm not sure if it would be legally a nice idea.

If someone could do such a thing to have bigger textures, then I'd gladly try myself in retexturing the game. I even have some ideas for Atlantis.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 17:35   #18
Adaethus

Quote:
Everything up until Egypt, since the Greece levels were the last to get HD textures.

It's such a massive shame, really.
I want them to release a patch, tbh.
Adaethus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 20:56   #19
2awesome4apossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zique View Post
I thought this was fan made and I was gonna say you're being rude, but then I saw the textures are from the iOS version and what the hell? You're completely right, it doesn't make any sense
They probably ran out of time and money to finish the textures for release. I suspect if we get future iOS releases, they won't have new textures.

I do have one more question for Gh0stblade ... you say that you haven't replaced the sprites/inventory ... which textures are those exactly? I'm assuming they're in the other RAR you uploaded? (And was the issue in getting them to work with Glidos itself?)
2awesome4apossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 21:06   #20
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Is it possible to place textures outside of the level file? It'd be easier to manage textures that way I think, also separate bmp/tga file for every level texture would fix texture-bleeding problem. Do you think it can be done like this? Also this way it wouldn't be needed to upload whole levels, which I'm not sure if it would be legally a nice idea.

If someone could do such a thing to have bigger textures, then I'd gladly try myself in retexturing the game. I even have some ideas for Atlantis.
It'd be too problematic to do that if you ask me. It can be achieved in much simpler ways by directly changing the code and the PHD. I'd also assume it'd be better to implement higher bit textures if possible because 256 colours wouldn't be enough for such large textures and it'd be too lossy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2awesome4apossum View Post
They probably ran out of time and money to finish the textures for release. I suspect if we get future iOS releases, they won't have new textures.

I do have one more question for Gh0stblade ... you say that you haven't replaced the sprites/inventory ... which textures are those exactly? I'm assuming they're in the other RAR you uploaded? (And was the issue in getting them to work with Glidos itself?)
One of the Atlantis floor textures is HD, shame they didn't update the rest. I have to agree I think they ran out of time. What I mean by the sprites is those silly textures such as items or grass etc which always look at the camera.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote