www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 21:42   #12881
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Was there a movie planned for around that time?
There was actually, Lin Pictures were developing it with Warner Bros as a vehicle for Megan Fox.
Old Yesterday, 21:48   #12882
Soma Holiday
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Was there a movie planned for around that time?
I think a movie has been planned since Jolie dropped out but it just never happened. Guarantee if Megan was cast it would have been a very smutty over sexualized version. I like megan but thats sadly always been her niche market.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:00   #12883
2001LC20
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
I think a movie has been planned since Jolie dropped out but it just never happened. Guarantee if Megan was cast it would have been a very smutty over sexualized version. I like megan but thats sadly always been her niche market.
Glad... That it didn't happen then?

Love your avatar btw! Even tough it's odd that it's the same since the first time i saw you and i am saying it now!
Old Yesterday, 22:16   #12884
Soma Holiday
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Glad... That it didn't happen then?

Love your avatar btw! Even tough it's odd that it's the same since the first time i saw you and i am saying it now!
Thanks!!! you've seen the AOD blooper reel its from right? I love it Lara is so beautiful and funny in it.

Also LOL at your current one!!

Last edited by Soma Holiday; Yesterday at 22:18.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:35   #12885
2001LC20
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Thanks!!! you've seen the AOD blooper reel its from right? I love it Lara is so beautiful and funny in it.

Also LOL at your current one!!
Oh thanks!
Yeah i did btw it's so funny!

Last edited by 2001LC20; Yesterday at 23:20.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:07   #12886
SoraSakai
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Well obviously it isn't relevant since Sony went the complete opposite way and decided to do the adventures of teen Drake. It's pretty telling when Sony can't think of a single Hollywood actor to play a late 20's early 30's Nathan Drake, that they have to use a 20 year old and change the whole concept of the game's story to make an adaptation. Is he younger? Sure, but they now have to scrap the gunplay, fisticuffs, and huge set piece moments to make it believable that a teenager is traveling to countries and searching for treasure. Unless they make Sully the source of the action pieces, who was 40 when he first met Nathan Drake anyway...so they'd still be making an older guy an action hero.

Would it make sense to cast a guy close to 50 in an Uncharted film? To studio executives, most likely not because they probably wouldn't know how to market it among other things. Fan reactions, however, show they really wouldn't care because Nathan Fillion plays the character extremely well.
Have you played any of the Uncharted games?
The 4th one has a great portion of it taking place in his younger years. They could easily focus on that.

When I said it was relevant I was specifically talking about why it's impossible for them to use Nathan Fillion, unless they made a film set after the games. However, I wouldn't do that... I think a lot of fans would have a problem with that. That's just me though. You're getting really aggressive and defensive about this lol
Old Yesterday, 23:59   #12887
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Have you played any of the Uncharted games?
The 4th one has a great portion of it taking place in his younger years. They could easily focus on that.

When I said it was relevant I was specifically talking about why it's impossible for them to use Nathan Fillion, unless they made a film set after the games. However, I wouldn't do that... I think a lot of fans would have a problem with that. That's just me though. You're getting really aggressive and defensive about this lol
Aggressive?

Hardly, but yes I know of the Uncharted games. As much as I like Uncharted, it's not my favorite series by a long shot. It's not being defensive, it's having a discussion with you. You kept bringing up that Nathan Drake is a younger character than Nathan Fillion, because that's what the game calls for. Sony decided to go even younger than what the majority of the games have him as. I'm just trying to tell you Hollywood will do whatever they want to. If they want to cast an older/younger guy in an action film, they will.