Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-02-18, 21:35   #11
2001LC20
Inactive

About underwater levels i have seen a lot in games general but if they are gonna be included it must be fun beautiful or even scary who knows what she could encounter so yeah it should be different and way better than other games did

About her using her parents money she must find other ways to achieve somewhere get in trouble use her wit and escape
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 21:43   #12
Costel

Let˙s take this one by one

1 I don˙t care that much about this. To me it˙s either way.

2 Yes to this. And to keep them outside tombs while Lara raids them. I know that from story perspective the enemies are raiding tombs too because they are after the same artifacts as Lara but the devs can set up this scenarios:
1 Enemies are guarding the entrance of a tomb waiting for others to bring equipment so they can open the entrance. Lara kills them , finds another entrance, raids the tomb, finds the artifact, enemies arrive, she kills them , exit the tomb with the artifact.
2 Enemies just opened the entrance when Lara arrives, she kills them, enters the tomb, she gets to the artifacts and exit with it.
3 Enemies are already inside but they blocked the path. Lara finds another way and she gets to the destination right in time , kills the enemies, takes the artifacts, exits the tomb.
4 Same as 3 but enemies run with the artifact and Lara has to chase them outside the tomb.
5 Same as 4 but this time they block the exit so Lara has to find another way out and then go to recover the artifact from enemies.
It is so easy to keep enemies outside tombs while Lara raids and this way its gives Lara those moments of solitude many of us were asking for.

3 Yes.

4 Yes for 2-3 missions in the main story or/and some optional ones but NO for the majority of the game.

5 Do not care so much about this.

6 Same as 5.

7 Acrobatics yes but only if they make sense somehow not just to make Lara look cool.

8 Same as 5 and 6.

9 I want this and no. I don˙t know...

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Yes to all.

16 With the risk of people saying ”They copied Uncharted„ I want a location similar to Western Ghats in UC 5 or Madagascar in UC 4. Or give me a jungle with swamps.

17 Yes.

18 I don˙t care.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 21:59   #13
ave.avei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
2 Yes to this. And to keep them outside tombs while Lara raids them. I know that from story perspective the enemies are raiding tombs too because they are after the same artifacts as Lara but the devs can set up this scenarios:
1 Enemies are guarding the entrance of a tomb waiting for others to bring equipment so they can open the entrance. Lara kills them , finds another entrance, raids the tomb, finds the artifact, enemies arrive, she kills them , exit the tomb with the artifact.
2 Enemies just opened the entrance when Lara arrives, she kills them, enters the tomb, she gets to the artifacts and exit with it.
3 Enemies are already inside but they blocked the path. Lara finds another way and she gets to the destination right in time , kills the enemies, takes the artifacts, exits the tomb.
4 Same as 3 but enemies run with the artifact and Lara has to chase them outside the tomb.
5 Same as 4 but this time they block the exit so Lara has to find another way out and then go to recover the artifact from enemies.
It is so easy to keep enemies outside tombs while Lara raids and this way its gives Lara those moments of solitude many of us were asking for.
I was actually just thinking of similar scenarios! I was also thinking some tombs should be multi-tiered, ie one room here has a puzzle which unlocks a corridor to another room, with a puzzle that unlocks the corridor to the final room. In between each room could have either an environmental challenge eg: finding the correct path to the next room, or corridors of traps, or a small hub-like area where a large animal or packs of smaller animals guard the door to the next room.

Some things I just thought of right now

19) Dynamic camera movement and cinematography. One thing I adored about TR13 was the way the camera moved, the angles it took in cinematics, the way it jiggled slightly when Lara runs sort of like a camera crew was following her. The camera jiggle is still in Rise but the cutscenes feel much more rigid, and I kind of miss the amateur-style camera work of TR13.

20) Multi-tiered tombs with themed puzzles, traps, and mazes. I LOVED St Francis' folly in TRA (I don't know what it was like in the original bc I'm young and wasn't even alive when it came out) and the different areas dedicated to each God were really cool imo. Given that TR13's main puzzle theme was fire (setting fire to objects to change their state, destroy them, clear paths) and Rise's puzzle theme was water (hacking away walls to fill rooms with water, swimming to move between levels) I'm thinking tombs with multi-themed puzzles, traps, and mazes like St Francis' folly would be super fun.
ave.avei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 22:08   #14
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ave.avei View Post
I was actually just thinking of similar scenarios! I was also thinking some tombs should be multi-tiered, ie one room here has a puzzle which unlocks a corridor to another room, with a puzzle that unlocks the corridor to the final room. In between each room could have either an environmental challenge eg: finding the correct path to the next room, or corridors of traps, or a small hub-like area where a large animal or packs of smaller animals guard the door to the next room.

Some things I just thought of right now

19) Dynamic camera movement and cinematography. One thing I adored about TR13 was the way the camera moved, the angles it took in cinematics, the way it jiggled slightly when Lara runs sort of like a camera crew was following her. The camera jiggle is still in Rise but the cutscenes feel much more rigid, and I kind of miss the amateur-style camera work of TR13.

20) Multi-tiered tombs with themed puzzles, traps, and mazes. I LOVED St Francis' folly in TRA (I don't know what it was like in the original bc I'm young and wasn't even alive when it came out) and the different areas dedicated to each God were really cool imo. Given that TR13's main puzzle theme was fire (setting fire to objects to change their state, destroy them, clear paths) and Rise's puzzle theme was water (hacking away walls to fill rooms with water, swimming to move between levels) I'm thinking tombs with multi-themed puzzles, traps, and mazes like St Francis' folly would be super fun.
19 and 20 Yes and Yes.
Old 10-02-18, 22:22   #15
Lord Lulu

Welcome to the forum.

I should start by saying I no longer care about the next game. I just hope they do not pull a Star Wars Battlefront 2.

That said, I don't like Lara to have companions. They just get in my way. That is true for most games in my opinion.

I would like this Lara to be more acrobatic too.

As for the more specific points.

2a) Yeah they need to tone done this part. They just keep using the same thing over and over. It is done to death at this point.

2b) I for see people complaining about killing women.

3 & 8) Yes she should speak like she is British and needs more witty sass.

Not really sure what to say about the rest. It still has to many action set pieces. And take movement control away from time to time. I would like to alter Lara's appearance.

Quote:
You should be careful when it comes to the camera. Lots of people can get motion sickness from the camera if it moves to much.

Last edited by Lord Lulu; 10-02-18 at 22:28. Reason: Missed post added some thing and removed another
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 22:34   #16
ave.avei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Welcome to the forum. //

2b) I for see people complaining about killing women.
Thank you!
I don't believe that would happen though. It isn't an issue in games like The Elder Scrolls, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout, Hitman, Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc. Plus, Lara is a woman, so it's not like they could pull a sexism argument out of it.
Old 11-02-18, 01:12   #17
Rai

Welcome to the forum, ave.avei .

I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this thread. It's so well thought out and articulated.

I've already gone over my own wishlist and preferences countless times in various threads. Maybe I'll elaborate later, but for now, I'll take each of your points and keep my own thoughts simple.

1, I'm not too bothered by this. I'd have preferred to have Ana fleshed out more due to her connection to Lara, it would have made her betrayal even more surprising and shocking. However, overall, I'm fine with standalone stories which has one-time enemies. As long as they're written well to make their appearance worthwhile, it can work.

2, I agree and I've said similar myself before many times.

3, Maybe a tad more, but it's not essential. I would like to see Lara lighten up a bit once in a while.

4, if written well, it could work and it's an opportunity for conversation that doesn't revolve around the task at hand, but I didn't think the short segments with Jonah and Jacob really added anything to the experience in Rise.

5, Hmm, I feel this kind of thing has been dealt with a bit. May be.

6, Yes, I agree.

7, Well RBLara apparently did do gymnastics at school, but acrobatics aren't essential. The swan dive could be more visual though. I think Lara looks fine, overall. I don't think she looks scrawny. Perhaps a tad more shoulder and upper arm muscle, just a bit.

8, I agree.

9, Jonah maybe, if he's actually used in a helpful way and not as an excuse for a saving mission. I'm not bothered about any other characters making a return. Except maybe Reyes as I do think she could be useful.

10, I can agree with that.

11, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 20, I can agree with all of these too. Especially 20 & 11, where quieter moments on the main story path are so rare. You can only really experience them as you roam through the hubs after a story part. I'd love somewhere akin to St Francis' Folly or Barkhang Monastery in terms of exploration and puzzles and (mostly) isolation.

I'm not too bothered by the other parts.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 15:10   #18
ave.avei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Welcome to the forum, ave.avei .
I'm not bothered about any other characters making a return. Except maybe Reyes as I do think she could be useful.
Thanks for the welcome, Rai!
I actually thought of Reyes as a good character to return but then struggled to come up with a reason why she actually would, considering she has a daughter with no father to help raise her now that Roth is gone. What reasons did you come up with?
Old 11-02-18, 20:45   #19
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, Rai!
I actually thought of Reyes as a good character to return but then struggled to come up with a reason why she actually would, considering she has a daughter with no father to help raise her now that Roth is gone. What reasons did you come up with?
I love Reyes too! It has been shown that villains have targeted Lara's friends in the comics. After Yamatai, some sadistic Queen Himiko believers attacked Lara while she had been talking with Reyes and her daughter. So maybe Trinity can target or kidnap Alicia (Reyes' Daughter). That would then force Reyes to join Lara and take down Trinity.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 21:10   #20
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
I love Reyes too! It has been shown that villains have targeted Lara's friends in the comics. After Yamatai, some sadistic Queen Himiko believers attacked Lara while she had been talking with Reyes and her daughter. So maybe Trinity can target or kidnap Alicia (Reyes' Daughter). That would then force Reyes to join Lara and take down Trinity.
Please NOT another kidnapping with Lara having to be the savior.
And I do not want to hear Reyes: „Hurry up Lara, move your ass„. She was obnoxious in Geothermal Caverns in TR 2013.