Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 29-07-18, 19:53   #51
Karen_Leslie

Thanks. I know my views on parts of TR2 are really against the grain, at least in terms of what most fans of the classic series think, so I understand if people just can't agree with my conclusions on some of these. With the original game, I think my preferences are MUCH more in line with what other fans think, for better or for worse.
Karen_Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 16:29   #52
HarleyCroft

The flamethrower dudes.. What a freaking nightmare they were

It's not just that gym pop around corners.. or that they never drop stuff..
You put it perfectly into words: in a water-based level they almost always show up where there's no water nearby!!

I thought I was pretty slick at this game last playthrough.. I knew all the maps and even mastered the flip jump over gun wielding enemies so they can't get a shot That is, until I was dumped into the square room with one of those flamethrowing bastards and I died like 8 times Nothing makes you feel like a Noob Raider faster!

Anyways, complaints aside this was another enjoyable playthrough I don't think I'm aware of your feelings about the Maria Doria levels so I'm excited to find out!
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 00:50   #53
Karen_Leslie

Update: I accidentally destroyed my Windows OS and ended up having to switch to Mac. I'd been running Steam on Windows, and I don't think I can play TR2 on this OS through Steam.

However, I recently purchased a PS2 and have that hooked up in my room, so I can still play my Playstation discs. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about screenshots, but I do plan to continue the TR2 playthrough soon.

Thanks to everyone who is reading, for your comments and your patience
Karen_Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 21:41   #54
Zael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_Leslie View Post
Thanks. I know my views on parts of TR2 are really against the grain, at least in terms of what most fans of the classic series think, so I understand if people just can't agree with my conclusions on some of these. With the original game, I think my preferences are MUCH more in line with what other fans think, for better or for worse.
Yeah, I happen to agree with your views on both TR1 and TR2 quite consistently, but it's notable that drbunnig here in this thread (as well Jester Head in the TR1 thread) have said they enjoy reading your observations, even when they disagree with your overall assessments. So I think there are many of us that look forward to your new posts! This was certainly a fun observation, from your last post:
Quote:
http://otakusphere.com/2018/07/26/to...6-diving-area/
...When you complete Diving Area, you’re rewarded with one of Tomb Raider II‘s incredibly bizarre, disjointed cutscenes. A monk who has been trying to stop Bartoli thinks that Lara is a spirit guide sent to send him into his next life, and rambles on about that a little bit. Now, Lara doesn’t look like my idea of a Buddhist Spirit Guide, but to be fair, the dude has been tortured and lost a lot of blood...
On the other hand, there was that transformative epiphany described in her bio (noted here and here), about which fans have offered some interesting speculations.

Though as you also noted in a previous thread, the evidence of 'spiritual gravitas' on Lara's part seems to have evaporated by the time of TR2 .
Zael is offline   Reply With Quote