Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 23-12-08, 21:43   #1
Hairhelmet12
Inactive

Default *NEED HELP ASAP*How do i add savegames to my resident evil 4 for PC

Hello, im sure this is fine as i see poeple doing this with Tomb raider

i Downloaded A save game for resident evil 4 but i cant figure out how to add it to the game so i ca load it and play it. i searched every where but i cant find what im looking for, thanks for the help!

Last edited by Hairhelmet12; 23-12-08 at 21:53.
Hairhelmet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-08, 23:24   #2
freeze10108

Have you checked the My Documents folder and the installation directory? BTW, most of the people on this forum start to log-on in a few hours, so please don't complain about wait times.
freeze10108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-08, 23:31   #3
Hairhelmet12
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeze10108 View Post
Have you checked the My Documents folder and the installation directory? BTW, most of the people on this forum start to log-on in a few hours, so please don't complain about wait times.
installation directory? what is that? in not in there, and i dont know where to put the save file where do i put it??
Old 23-12-08, 23:41   #4
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 View Post
installation directory? what is that? in not in there, and i dont know where to put the save file where do i put it??

you'll have a link showing the game's icon to click upon to run it right ?

If you keep your mouse pointer still over it, you should see a little message showing you the path to it
or right click on link -> properties -> link and you should get the destination the link points to

go in there, drop the save there or else see if there's a special saves folder or something like that for you to land your savegame in it

I don't have that game of yours so it's hard to tell from the outside.

HTH
gidierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-08, 23:46   #5
freeze10108

The installation directory should be something like C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Resident Evil 4 or C:\Program Files\Capcom\Resident Evil 4 or C:\Program Files\Resident Evil 4. The capcom or ubisoft depend on which version of the game you have (It should be the same as the Start Menu if you use it to launch the game.)
Old 24-12-08, 01:24   #6
Hairhelmet12
Inactive

ive tryed everything and i cant get it to work!!! is there any videos out there? ive look at youtube and i cant find anything! im soo mad right now i could punch a kitten!!!!
Old 24-12-08, 02:02   #7
spikejones

according to a quick search I just did through google, you just need to drop the save game file into the main installation directory. That would be in one of the locations mentioned above. not to sound like dick or anything, but this IS a tombraider forum and not a resident evil forum. usually you have the best luck for a certain game, especially with simple issues such as that ... by going to a forum dedicated to THAT game. Dont get it twisted like Im chastising you or anything, just trying to give you suggestions for maximizing your research potential to arrive at a solution much sooner.
spikejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 02:54   #8
freeze10108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 View Post
ive tryed everything and i cant get it to work!!! is there any videos out there? ive look at youtube and i cant find anything! im soo mad right now i could punch a kitten!!!!
Okay, if you wanted to start it from the start menu on your computer, what would you do after you click start and go to programs?
Old 24-12-08, 04:20   #9
spikejones

your talking about looking in the wrong spot!

Hairhelmet..
go to My computer (or just "computer" on Vista)
double click the C: drive (or whichever is your main hard drive)
double click on "program files" folder
look for a folder called "resident evil", "capcom", or "ubisoft" (in the case of the latter two, there will be another folder inside of IT called resident evil)

Once you have located the folder where all the game files are installed, you copy (or move) the savegame file into that same folder, then start the game and you should be able to load that savegame.
spikejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 05:41   #10
freeze10108

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikejones View Post
your talking about looking in the wrong spot!

Hairhelmet..
go to My computer (or just "computer" on Vista)
double click the C: drive (or whichever is your main hard drive)
double click on "program files" folder
look for a folder called "resident evil", "capcom", or "ubisoft" (in the case of the latter two, there will be another folder inside of IT called resident evil)

Once you have located the folder where all the game files are installed, you copy (or move) the savegame file into that same folder, then start the game and you should be able to load that savegame.
I was just trying to get more information out of him about where the directory would be in an easier way than having him post the contents of his program files folder. Anyways, you should be able to get the save into the folder with the above directions.