Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 03-02-16, 19:12   #161
ZikShadow

Thanks a lot!
No, seriously, thanks.

And for some reason i'm not blocked anymore from the CD site, making my modding problems gone for the most part.

This day is going to be great.
ZikShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-16, 13:08   #162
knopper

Hi,

i want to make my cdaudio.mp3 from the original disc, with higher quality (192 kbit, or may 320 cbr), but i don't know how i exactly create the cdaudio.dat.

Are the timings everytime exact the same? How do i get the exact timings from the tracks?

Or to avoid the whole process...is it also possible to play the game anyway with anstalled, Multi-Patch (Windows 7) and virtual mounted original-disc?

So disc mounted with alcohol 120, which mounts also the audio-session.
knopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-16, 16:05   #163
Sardoc

Check out Noname's reply a few posts above, he linked the perfect music solution. Grab it and just extract into the game's folder. Works both for TR2 and Golden Mask.

If you'd like a no-cd patch, poke me.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 09:56   #164
Turok

Default Tomb Raider II Audio Fix HIGH QUALITY

I made a 320 kbps (highest Quality MP3) CD Audio.mp3 to get best Quality
See new threat http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217293

Last edited by Turok; 07-02-17 at 10:01.
Turok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:09   #165
unkles

I thought this fixed my problem but I think its still ongoing. Getting a second video stutter when certain audio cues happen throughout the game . Any one know anything else I can try?
unkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 19:29   #166
Kirishima

@Unkles

Please explain more thoroughly. If you're getting a slight freeze at the start of playback for the music files, that could simply be a soundcard(or a lack of one) issue. Could also be a sounddriver issue. Otherwise, you're gonna want to try something else like arsunt's patch (which supports the mp3 dat file from this).

Last edited by Kirishima; 12-01-20 at 19:33.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 06:43   #167
unkles

@Kirishima
First of all , thank you for the reply. Didn't mean to say "getting a second video stutter" but yes . I do get a slight freeze at the start of playback of some music files. Ill look into the soundcard advise but I have doubts it could be that . I mean, I got Tomb Raider 1 music playing flawless and this is the only game that seems to do this weird bug. I do understand that these games are older as well playing on my beast of a gaming PC lol. Just a big fan of these games and wanting to find proper modern fixes for all of em haha. So far the fullscreen fix works for this game no issues. Oh, I got another question. Could I try to delete the audio files and just use the music files in the music folder? Ill try that and Ill look into arsunts patch . Ill keep a heads up if I get it figured out. Cheers
Old 13-01-20, 07:02   #168
unkles

So that fixed the stutter by removing the audio folder but of course it doesn't use the key audio triggers of music and dialog. Sound effects still work. I thought by miracle it could read the mp3 files in the music folder. I wonder why my pc does this with this game. So odd.
Old 13-01-20, 08:32   #169
unkles

Im playing on the Steam version. I tried the GOG version just now on a theory and the GOG plays from the music folder with no lag. Only problem, music loops which i haven't figured out. Yes i tried putting the volume down to 9. didn't work. So either someone knows how to fix the looping in the GOG or know how to get the steam version to play from the music folder instead of the audio folder and cdaudio.mp3/cdaudio.dat. I dont care, i just want to play soon. Thanks
Old 13-01-20, 16:49   #170
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkles View Post
Im playing on the Steam version. I tried the GOG version just now on a theory and the GOG plays from the music folder with no lag. Only problem, music loops which i haven't figured out. Yes i tried putting the volume down to 9. didn't work. So either someone knows how to fix the looping in the GOG or know how to get the steam version to play from the music folder instead of the audio folder and cdaudio.mp3/cdaudio.dat. I dont care, i just want to play soon. Thanks
Hello.

I am on Win10 and i use this music solution with the GOG version and the Gold demo folder that i use to build, this works for me: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uq...ylX9K0FmpHf22H
The .exe inside can be ignored if you use Arsunt's patch. Arsunt's works great with this music solution and on top of that it provides proper widescreen.

Hope it helps.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote