Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-02-11, 21:21   #1
TRLegendLuver

Lightbulb Tomb Raider 2012 Release Because of Competition?

Sorry I couldn't worry the title of the thread better. Now, note, this is not a hate thread against other games or that we're not given feedback on Tomb Raider constantly.

A thought occured to me and I'm wondering whether Crystal Dynamics (say it does come out in 2012) is wanting a later release than this year because of all the competition. It would cut back on the year releases competition, games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, inFAMOUS 2, Batman: Arkham City. 2011 is a great year of releases, but throwing in Tomb Raider there might not be a good idea. (Just because some people n ever give new games a chance whether there are other games they prefer). I'm just trying to figure out what could be going through Crystals' heads right now.

What do you think? If the game is (we don't know) to be released in 2012, could the real reason be is that Crystal does want Tomb Radier to compete with other top selling games?

Just a thought.

Sorry if that has been posted before. Searched and didn't see anything.
TRLegendLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:24   #2
larafan25

Didn't you say Tomb Raider and Uncharted do not compete with eachother?

Anyways, yes this could be a reason.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:26   #3
Zebra

TBH, I think they'd been aiming for a 2012 release date all along. Considering some of the things they've said about the game it doesn't seem like they're all that far into development. I doubt they'd be able to get it done till the end of this year, anyway.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:37   #4
aussie500
Golden

Games are released all the time, if Crystal Dynamics are going to wait for there not to be any competition they might as well just not bother releasing the game. They will release it when it is ready.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:43   #5
Mikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Games are released all the time, if Crystal Dynamics are going to wait for there not to be any competition they might as well just not bother releasing the game. They will release it when it is ready.
As TippingWater would say:
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:45   #6
TRLegendLuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Didn't you say Tomb Raider and Uncharted do not compete with eachother?
Before I was referring to the game itself, story, characters, plot, and no they don't compete that way. I am referring to the sales.
TRLegendLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:52   #7
Profc

They never released Tomb Raider and the uncharted at the same year anyway.
Underworld was a game of 2008. Uncharted was a game from 2009?

And people are arguing that Uncharted is the better game. It is 1 ahead of the game of course its graphics will be better lol. (and I don't think they were all that great anyway.)
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 21:53   #8
Lizard of Oz

idk but it seems like we are going to get it that year. Maybe not because of competitions but because that's just the right time. maybe!
Lizard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 22:01   #9
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLegendLuver View Post
Sorry I couldn't worry the title of the thread better. Now, note, this is not a hate thread against other games or that we're not given feedback on Tomb Raider constantly.

A thought occured to me and I'm wondering whether Crystal Dynamics (say it does come out in 2012) is wanting a later release than this year because of all the competition. It would cut back on the year releases competition, games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, inFAMOUS 2, Batman: Arkham City. 2011 is a great year of releases, but throwing in Tomb Raider there might not be a good idea. (Just because some people n ever give new games a chance whether there are other games they prefer). I'm just trying to figure out what could be going through Crystals' heads right now.

What do you think? If the game is (we don't know) to be released in 2012, could the real reason be is that Crystal does want Tomb Radier to compete with other top selling games?

Just a thought.

Sorry if that has been posted before. Searched and didn't see anything.
It doesn't work like that afaik because if a game is good people will buy it. If it's better than all the games you mentioned, guess which game people are going to buy? The only reason a game would have more sales than other games for no reason at all would be if that specific game has legendary standards. So lets face it, Uncharted, Batman, Infamous, Deux ex(?), do not have legendary standards in the gaming world. Tomb raider is however, it survived AOD with high sales(but incomparable to the other games) and it survived the past 3 games. Tomb raider got sales for little to nothing so i think your question should be a bit backwards? Unless you're asking theorising that the game will be bad? Anyways, even if they did push back the deadline at least we know they have more time to work on the game. [/does this count as a rant?]
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-11, 22:06   #10
lance6439

IMO

Everyone at CD needs to advertise the living S*** out of TR9 + they need to spam my TV with commercials. like what happened in TRL ... TRL was ALL OVER TV.... i kinda got annoyed of it :/
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote