www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-18, 04:12   #281
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster View Post
The farther we get into their marketing campaign and the closer we are to the release date, the more worried I become. I am starting to become extremely suspicious as to why no gameplay has been released beyond this trailer.

I personally loved the trailer, but that is just me being a big TR fan. However, the trailer was just so... generic. It had like, no identity. No definitive theme. No catch. It's like they were fishing for so many things, but all they got in return was the bait they used to try to catch us.

I am not trying to discredit or bash the devs, as I believe that they have worked very hard and extremely well on this game. The trailer very much shows that. I am just worried about the approach they are taking with this game now... Before I was not so worried. But now I am starting to get quite worried...
Considering in one shot the graphics are super realistic and then in the next shot they aren’t leads me to believe they are nowhere near finished. In one part you can literally see through the top of her head
Old 11-06-18, 04:17   #282
CrowdedToaster
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Considering in one shot the graphics are super realistic and then in the next shot they aren’t leads me to believe they are nowhere near finished. In one part you can literally see through the top of her head
Oh yes that is true! Ugh, I forget that they are still not finished producing the game. They have yet to go gold yet even. I just have such high hopes for the game, and really want it to succeed. So, naturally, I expect better marketing and exposure for the game. I do hope we get to see actual footage of gameplay soon though, and not just through a trailer
CrowdedToaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 04:24   #283
charmedangelin
Professor

Quote:
The farther we get into their marketing campaign and the closer we are to the release date, the more worried I become. I am starting to become extremely suspicious as to why no gameplay has been released beyond this trailer.

I personally loved the trailer, but that is just me being a big TR fan. However, the trailer was just so... generic. It had like, no identity. No definitive theme. No catch. It's like they were fishing for so many things, but all they got in return was the bait they used to try to catch us.

I am not trying to discredit or bash the devs, as I believe that they have worked very hard and extremely well on this game. The trailer very much shows that. I am just worried about the approach they are taking with this game now... Before I was not so worried. But now I am starting to get quite worried...
You read my mind, it feels like they are trying to hide something. I hope it isn't true, I really would rather not have a repeat of AOD, but it is weird that everything we have seen has been carefully hand picked. Apparently they are letting people play the demo at the booths according to a poster here, but again not letting people record it. It's really quite strange indeed.

I'm gonna hold out hope that they will show more, but if they don't show more or if they show only like 2-4 mins of gameplay then something is up.
Old 11-06-18, 04:44   #284
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

You know what? Something else might be coming, they never said when. They just said E3. Isn’t E3 all this week?
Old 11-06-18, 04:46   #285
CrowdedToaster
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
You know what? Something else might be coming, they never said when. They just said E3. Isn’t E3 all this week?
Lol who knows, Shadow might end up being showcased at Sony's conference too
CrowdedToaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 04:51   #286
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

Quote:
Lol who knows, Shadow might end up being showcased at Sony's conference too
I have a feeling they are holding something back and we are going to be shocked.
Old 11-06-18, 10:30   #287
Alex Fly
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
So what was the surprise? Or is that tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I don’t think there ever was one. It was just dev speak, “our new game will surprise you”.
Not surprised... I more or less guessed it was a bad understanding of something.
What was shown looked good though.