www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-07-18, 02:06   #101
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I'd think this was a possibility if it wasn't about how many times devs said it and how they always throw the duals along with bikinis and somersaults and whatnot. It wasn't just one time too, so as much as I would love for them to just be throwing us of, I really don't think this is the case.
Yeah, that’s true. I guess we’ll have to see how it all plays out, won’t we, gents?
Old 09-07-18, 02:08   #102
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ Indeed. I just want to be wrong and for them to be there T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
They are games! Just try to convice me they are not!
The fact it is a game does not excuse it from it's flaws. Contradicting your own premise is bad no matter the media.
Quote:
You can find things to break immersion well then others don't! What they say doesn't really matter everyone knows in a game or movie if you want you can find any kind of unrealism you can!
But why should you? If it actually broke the immersion then I can clearly say it did it for you not for others.
That's the thing though, it broke immersion for a lot of people. Even before the game released people noticed it was all a bit too much. There were lots of articles questioning if CD hadn't taken it a tad too far.

And it is not something that only classic fans were bothered with, reboot fans and casual gamers alike were questioning too, which is why Rise severely tones down the injuries.

Quote:
People just aware that no matter how hard will you try they are still games unless you want to make a "simulator" game and TR isn't that! And even in realism simulators there is unrealism.

Can't we just end this here!
That's just a terrible argument lol It's like saying gay people shouldn't hold hands in public because it can turn children gay.

No one wants TR to be something else, we just want the game to follow the rules set by the universe it is in. It's not too much to ask.
Old 10-07-18, 12:09   #103
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Just give us this back

I've missed seeing this. Thanks.
Old 10-07-18, 12:26   #104
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Well yeah, they'd have to make completely new animations!, or actually show Lara improving and training, you know, like a croft manor stage or something. well I say "Improving" more "Learning even more ways to horribly murder people" Since she was a straight natural at regen health cover headshotting.
I'd love for them to get rid of the jelly screen blood for a life bar again. Sometimes I don't mind the jelly blood in other games, but those are usually just mindless shooters.

Last edited by Legends; 10-07-18 at 17:24.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 12:36   #105
Samz
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey van oort View Post
I've missed seeing this. Thanks.
Honestly, I'd love if they put in Indiana Jones and the Emperors tomb-style melee system, if anyone actually played that one since everyone seems to have forgotten it compared to the other Indy games.

Left and Right trigger/mouse buttons punched with a different hand, and pressing both let you grab people to throw them.

Last edited by Samz; 10-07-18 at 13:05.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 17:08   #106
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Honestly, I'd love if they put in Indiana Jones and the Emperors tomb-style melee system, if anyone actually played that one since everyone seems to have forgotten it compared to the other Indy games.

Left and Right trigger/mouse buttons punched with a different hand, and pressing both let you grab people to throw them.
I love that game and it's the only Indy game I played.
(Well except the Lego one but I don't count it)
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote