Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 04-11-17, 00:32   #1
charmedangelin

Default Finally solved a frustrating puzzle

So everyone knows just how evil the two dangling ropes in the catacombs are. I would always die multiple times on subsequent playthroughs of TR 4. Well now I have finally discovered the perfect way to get through that part of the catacombs without dying so much.

All you have to do is line yourself up with the statue across the way on the left and Lara will swing to the next rope 9 times out of 10.

Line up with the statue across the platform. Hold the look button to make sure that it is lined up like this.

And then you will make it to the other side with no problems. So happy I found this out.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 04-11-17 at 00:39.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 05:57   #2
GameGlitcher77

Cool ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So everyone knows just how evil the two dangling ropes in the catacombs are. I would always die multiple times on subsequent playthroughs of TR 4. Well now I have finally discovered the perfect way to get through that part of the catacombs without dying so much.

All you have to do is line yourself up with the statue across the way on the left and Lara will swing to the next rope 9 times out of 10.

Line up with the statue across the platform. Hold the look button to make sure that it is lined up like this.

And then you will make it to the other side with no problems. So happy I found this out.

I always dread that part...Nice find though
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 10:35   #3
TR-Freak
Unverified

Or you could simply save and load while on the rope to stabilize the rope
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 00:57   #4
charmedangelin

Solved another frustrating puzzle, I am on a roll. So next up is the Golden horseman boss.
Now this one is frustrating because you have to shoot the blue diamond on his chest and when he is on the horse that is nearly impossible. Well I found a solution to beating him easially.

All you need to do it to pull out the shotgun.

Then Change the ammo to wideshot. I'm guessing since wideshot scatters the bullet, no matter if Lara is perfectly aiming at the diamond a peice of the bullet will always hit it and thus he will fall down from the horse very quickly given how powerful the shotgun is.

Then when he is down and coming at you keep shooting him with the wideshot and he will go down fast.

I did this 3 times now just to make sure and it worked every single time. So happy that I am finding ways to get through the most frustrating parts of the game.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 05-11-17 at 01:03.
Old 05-11-17, 03:51   #5
Mokono

Good tips .
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 05:57   #6
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Good tips .
Thanks, I uploaded a video about the horseman because I cannot beleive how easy he is to kill with the shotgun using widespread ammo.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcNuZacx_U
Old 05-11-17, 11:36   #7
SarahPilko

Oh wow, these tips are amazing! I never knew killing the horseman boss was that easy using wideshot ammo! My mum and I spent like 10 minutes trying to kill him the last time I played lol and I played this game enough times to should have known better!

Thanks!
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 01:48   #8
HarleyCroft

Nice tips!

Although I'm still going to use the uzis on the metal men.. the "Ow ow ow ow ow ow" sound they make while being repeatedly hit in the target is hilarious
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 14:03   #9
jeffareid

For the horseman, Lara can shoot a grenade into the corner just before she triggers the horseman. Link to old video:

http://rcgldr.net/tr/tr4ha2.wmv

Last edited by jeffareid; 11-11-17 at 08:47.
jeffareid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 16:14   #10
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

That double rope swing was very frustrating, and I had to eventually save on the first rope, after many failed goes. Then proceed to the next swing rope.

If I remember on the PC, to save, you have to release your finger on the 'hold rope button' for a split second, then this allows you to save, and then hold rope again right away.

To load the save you must keep your finger on the 'hold rope button' or Lara just falls off the rope when loaded.

This type of saving is very useful in hanging positions over lava, poisoned water, spikes, etc, like on long slope jumps where you cannot stop, but with this method you can save on a grabbed slope edge before you go up and over onto the next slope This gives you a break, and then you can continue on

(Again, when you load the save, you have to hold, so Lara does not fall to her death)
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote