Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-03-18, 09:39   #141
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Agreed with you so much on that

The original Trilogy was by far the best. Fatal Frame 4 was ok but went downhill fast as it didn't have the vibes as the first three.

We do not talk about that Remake
Wait... What? Mask kicks the ass of the original trilogy by a long shot. As much as I love the original trilogy, having Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51 on the game makes it stand out from the rest, for me, in a really good way. It's still a shame that the localisation was canned, but what can you do.

Maiden is a wonderful mess of a game. So many good ideas, such a wonderful story, likeable cast of characters and everything. But the controls are really twitchy (ironically motion controls are not the cause of this), some chapters are a literal cut and paste job from the previous chapter, some ghost encounters are really poorly designed and man it's just... The effort is there, just not the polish. Super Bunny hop said it the best: "I've had less fun, with many more polished games."

Also remake is superior to the original release, fight me!
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 09:48   #142
dcw123

FF4 was pretty good minus the new camera style IMO
Classic camera was best - that old Resident Evil argument..

Black Maiden was awful - it was boring because they kept reusing the same locations over and over.. just with different characters.
The story was mehh, ghosts were not scary like in the previous games etc

FF2 was the best - although the remake on Wii wasn't very good (that voice acting! Urghh)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 11:44   #143
Dennis's Mom

I'd love to be able to chime in on 4 and 5, but I refuse to hold a controller and pretend it's a camera like a 4 year old and take pictures of my TV.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 12:19   #144
Grimaldi

I wouldn’t say 4 was better than 1-3, but it’s still excellent and my personal favourite. 5’s easily the worst for a number of reasons, mostly that it wasn’t designed as a horror game, rather an action game with horror elements, with an emphasis on sex appeal to draw in newcomers. Excessive combat, repetitive mission structure, the worst story they’ve written to this point, everything looking far too pretty and well-lit...it’s hard to say where it feels like Fatal Frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis’s Mom
I'd love to be able to chime in on 4 and 5, but I refuse to hold a controller and pretend it's a camera like a 4 year old and take pictures of my TV.
There’s an option to use the Wii U gamepad like a regular controller, so you don’t need to use it like an actual camera. The only difference is it can still be tilted in your lap to catch ghosts in the frame, which I promise is more fun than it sounds. The fully motion controlled mode didn’t appeal to me either.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 12:37   #145
Grenade

I personally loved the British accents in the Wii remake
Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 17:36   #146
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Jokes on you, non of the games require you to do that.
Old 01-08-18, 17:45   #147
Zelda master

For those in Europe with a WiiU (I know it's not many, but still), Project Zero 2 is currently on the WiiU eShop available for €11,99 in exchange for 80 gold coins: https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/1fe1ff3c3f20da4d

Last edited by Zelda master; 01-08-18 at 17:53.
Old 13-05-21, 18:01   #148
shockwave_pulsar00

In case no one saw this:

They finally remake the first Fatal Frame/Project Zero.....and it's a pachinko machine. I'm hoping this is a prelude to a switch announcement since its the series 20th anniversary this year.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 12:18   #149
Zelda master

I saw it, there's a reason I didn't bother this topic for... That thing
Old 15-05-21, 21:25   #150
Jami393

Wait... Strange to see something get converted into a pachislot that's related to Nintendo. They do still co-own the franchise, right?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote