Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-03-18, 10:46   #21
biscuits

Mass Effect Andromeda. Bioware needs to stop making open world games. They clearly suck at it. The planets are beautiful and are a joy to look at, but there's nothing worth exploring. The combat is a blast to play though.

I also can't stand the Ryder twins. I was open to a new character after Shepard but I don't think I can't sit through an RPG where the protagonist actively annoys me. This rings especially true to Scott Ryder, because he sounds like Nathan Drake. I despise Nathan Drake. If they make another Mass Effect game, I want them to steer clear of the Ryder twins.

I'll give the squadmates the benefit of the doubt. Mass Effect one's squadmates weren't that well developed either.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 02:29   #22
Tommy123

Monster Hunter World: I just got so bored of it
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 15:12   #23
tomee

Bioshock - the original

I just found the learning curve of the game ridiculously steep. I was overwhelmed by the number of weapons and spells and I would always run short on Adam. I gave up pretty much once I defeated the first Daddy. I always say I will return to this game actually, but it's been years and I still haven't.

Tomb Raider 4

Last time I played this was 2011 or 2012 maybe. I reached City of the dead and I just couldn't be bothered. I will definitely pick this up again sooner or later because I want to say I have completed all games and this is the only main title in the franchise that's still on my plate.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 17:40   #24
redfox45

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

Killer 7

Project Zero 2(Fatal Frame 2)

(I think I was going through a phase of buying artsy hipster PS2 games that i'd never played and the novelty wore off. But like the old saying goes.

I plan to go back to them...one day.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 23:39   #25
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Bioshock - the original

I just found the learning curve of the game ridiculously steep. I was overwhelmed by the number of weapons and spells and I would always run short on Adam. I gave up pretty much once I defeated the first Daddy. I always say I will return to this game actually, but it's been years and I still haven't.
Haven't played the other two.. but the first bioshock.. is really good. my opinion!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 00:35   #26
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
South Park: Fractured But Whole.

I was quite surprised in fact, since I adored every bits of Stick of Truth. Maybe because the novelty wasn't as strong?

There was a sentiment of been there, done that, and the thought of going through an adventure game RPG in the same universe with the same kind of joke kind of blocked me. Plus, the way they retconned the "female character" was weird... That's purely personal but I always try to encourage playthrough as female characters whenever I can since there are already so many playable male characters out there... And it was also the first time it was possible in the South Park game franchise universe to create your own female character.

But doing so kind of invalidated the fact my male character spoke in the first game, which created an inconsistencies... And playing like an avatar of me, again, somewhat bored me.

So after the school part where you confirm your gender I just... lost interest.
Same. I loved the first game but for some reason the humor and everything of the sequel just bored me to tears the first few hours in.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 16:58   #27
Enigma92

Weirdly, Uncharted 4.

Love the original trilogy. Started playing the 4th one and noticed how similar in play-style it was to The Last of Us which I wasn't a big fan of either. I just found it super boring. It was also a lot...darker/grittier? Which kills it for me because the thing that attracted me to Uncharted in the first place was its light-hearted, colourful tone.
Enigma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 18:05   #28
Grimaldi

Tomb Raider 3.
Yakuza 2.
The Evil Within.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 18:13   #29
HD Simplicityy

I've given up on finishing Middle Earth: Shadow of War. Played it for a few minutes last night. Just tired of it. Act IV is the worst endgame grind I'v ever played. As I mentioned in my first post about this, its simply bad, boring, tedious, etc. I'm let down by Monolith here. In other places of the game its good. Overall just not a good game. Will look at selling it to someone else that might think its better than my opinion.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-18, 20:18   #30
DragonSlayer

Catherine only because I couldn't get past the doom's bride boss.

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, I didn't finish it not because I didn't like the game but something else came out not long after and I played that instead while always intending to get back to Amalur at some point but never did.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote