Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-02-18, 19:03   #16121
Isaac

I agree, I love Liberation... Despite its awkward cutscenes and storyline by time.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 19:55   #16122
_Seth

Yeah it feels very classic AC when it comes to missions themselves.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 09:52   #16123
Mani_Man

Question to those who have played/finished Origins...Do i "need" to get out the Animus?

I just got out of the Animus for story purpose and im now in it again but i have the choice to exit it.
Is there anything to gain by it when i go out once in a while on my own?

I dont know if i will miss anything related to the story outside the Animus or not.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 03:05   #16124
tiann

anyone who has played the Rogue: Remastered Edition...does it have the dynamic foliage that AC: IV black flag has? (i.e. when you move your character into a bush , the leaves will move as your character moves through it)
tiann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 03:42   #16125
redfox45

Just watched a review with gameplay...

aaaaaaand it's just a texture upgrade and it has all the same technical problems.

No thx
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 08:49   #16126
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
Just watched a review with gameplay...

aaaaaaand it's just a texture upgrade and it has all the same technical problems.

No thx
After the Ezio Trilogy were you really expecting a remaster instead of literally just a port? At least they probably did a better job than their awful Prince of Persia HD Trilogy.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 18:36   #16127
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Question to those who have played/finished Origins...Do i "need" to get out the Animus?

I just got out of the Animus for story purpose and im now in it again but i have the choice to exit it.
Is there anything to gain by it when i go out once in a while on my own?

I dont know if i will miss anything related to the story outside the Animus or not.
From what I remember, no there's not much to see. It'll eject you when there's something pseudo-"important" the game wants you to see.

That said, I'm talking as someone who hates the modern sections (especially post-Desmond) and wishes the games would just go all-out historical story. I tend to avoid leaving the animus as much as possible. I did run around a few times though, and I don't remember seeing anything that really jumped out at me as "important".
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 18:45   #16128
Mickybyrne20

Does anyone wanna lend me AC: Origins? 'Cause I don't want to pay for it just to be another boring AC game.

I REALLY like the the setting of this game, but I just feel myself getting bored. Anyone got words of encouragement for me to actually give it a shot? I don't want to shoot it down, yet in the same breath waste money.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 00:10   #16129
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
Does anyone wanna lend me AC: Origins? 'Cause I don't want to pay for it just to be another boring AC game.

I REALLY like the the setting of this game, but I just feel myself getting bored. Anyone got words of encouragement for me to actually give it a shot? I don't want to shoot it down, yet in the same breath waste money.
See if you can buy it cheap second-hand online. I imagine someone will be selling it quite cheap by now. There are some quite significant gameplay changes, I wouldn't call it an "overhaul" by any means but it does play a bit different. It's actually not as easy thanks to the revamped combat system, which is refreshing to me, given the trend of games getting more and more dumbed down to make them easier.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 22-03-18 at 00:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 01:16   #16130
H4RR7H

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiann View Post
anyone who has played the Rogue: Remastered Edition...does it have the dynamic foliage that AC: IV black flag has? (i.e. when you move your character into a bush , the leaves will move as your character moves through it)
This is what I was wondering.

They released a tech demo when AC4 was released on the new generation of consoles - dynamic particles, foliage, cloth simluation, better lighting, reflections, volumetric effects etc. were all showcased as improvements.

It seems a huge shame that Rogue will not simply have these options "turned-on" in-engine.
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote