Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 07-03-18, 12:27   #11
interstellardave

Are you capturing monsters? Capturing not only shortens the fight (often they are most dangerous when close to death) but you get more rewards. Could get you those Anjanath pelts quicker.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 09:22   #12
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Are you capturing monsters? Capturing not only shortens the fight (often they are most dangerous when close to death) but you get more rewards. Could get you those Anjanath pelts quicker.
I haven't captured any monsters yet, I did however get the trophy for capturing a creature while playing online even though I didn't capture the creature myself I didn't know at the time that other players capturing monsters would contribute to my capturing monsters I'll try and capture an anjanath wish me luck I'm going to need it, it never occurred to me to try and capture an anjanath upon seeing one my first instinct is to beat the out of it and kill it the only thing worse than trying to capture an anjanath would be trying to capture a diablos.

Also a monster I hadn't seen before called a bazeljuice (not sure how you spell it) appeared during a quest I think I was hunting a jagras when an anjanath showed up followed by the bazeljuice that would have been something to see all 3 monsters fighting each other, I was going to let them fight it out then claim the rewards which didn't go as I'd hoped either the anjanath or the bazeljuice killed me I'm not sure which monster killed me it happened so fast.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 12:21   #13
interstellardave

The good thing about this game is that things you think are really hard become relatively easy as you progress, and something else takes its place as the new "big pain in the butt", LOL! My most recent pain was Kushala Daora who I finally beat last night in a group of 4 players. She is VERY frustrating to fight.

Last night I got the achievement for 100 monster hunts, and the achievement for capturing 50 of them. I love nothing more than capturing them. It's very satisfying. Oh, and Bazelgeuse is a jerk. You'll find that he will hound your every step, constantly showing up wherever you're fighting something. He's the first monster to make me use poop as a weapon!
Old 08-03-18, 17:04   #14
DragonSlayer

Quote:
The good thing about this game is that things you think are really hard become relatively easy as you progress, and something else takes its place as the new "big pain in the butt", LOL! My most recent pain was Kushala Daora who I finally beat last night in a group of 4 players. She is VERY frustrating to fight.

Last night I got the achievement for 100 monster hunts, and the achievement for capturing 50 of them. I love nothing more than capturing them. It's very satisfying. Oh, and Bazelgeuse is a jerk. You'll find that he will hound your every step, constantly showing up wherever you're fighting something. He's the first monster to make me use poop as a weapon!
After I posted this morning I did some more proving quests and started getting a lot of pelts really quickly I even got the anjanath gem which I thought would be very difficult to get a hold of, the various people I was playing with all captured the anjanath which helped speed things up a bit, when I first saw Bazelgeuse it was dark and I was busy dodging the anjanath so my first impression of Bazelgeuse was something similar to Barroth a long dark grey monster only more rounded like a hot dog roll as I said it was dark so I couldn't really see much the Bazelgeuse didn't even fly towards my location he just appeared out of nowhere like he was wearing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak at using poop as a weapon I was at the library when I read your post so I couldn't I haven't come across Kushala Daora yet where in the game does that creature appear?
Old 08-03-18, 18:37   #15
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
After I posted this morning I did some more proving quests and started getting a lot of pelts really quickly I even got the anjanath gem which I thought would be very difficult to get a hold of, the various people I was playing with all captured the anjanath which helped speed things up a bit, when I first saw Bazelgeuse it was dark and I was busy dodging the anjanath so my first impression of Bazelgeuse was something similar to Barroth a long dark grey monster only more rounded like a hot dog roll as I said it was dark so I couldn't really see much the Bazelgeuse didn't even fly towards my location he just appeared out of nowhere like he was wearing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak at using poop as a weapon I was at the library when I read your post so I couldn't I haven't come across Kushala Daora yet where in the game does that creature appear?
LOL, yeah poop can make him fly away if he's bothering you. I'd heard about that working but never felt the need to do it before. Not that you won't see him again... he's persistent. Honestly I like when monsters fight because that's damage you don't have to do... but I don't like when they suddenly attack me! I wish they'd leave me alone, particularly when I'm trying to stay out of their way.

Kushala Daora is one of Elder Dragons you fight towards the end of the story. There's a new area called "Elders Recess" which you may not have come to yet. That's where she is, along with a bunch of other new monsters.
Old 08-03-18, 19:26   #16
DragonSlayer

Quote:
LOL, yeah poop can make him fly away if he's bothering you. I'd heard about that working but never felt the need to do it before. Not that you won't see him again... he's persistent. Honestly I like when monsters fight because that's damage you don't have to do... but I don't like when they suddenly attack me! I wish they'd leave me alone, particularly when I'm trying to stay out of their way.

Kushala Daora is one of Elder Dragons you fight towards the end of the story. There's a new area called "Elders Recess" which you may not have come to yet. That's where she is, along with a bunch of other new monsters.
I know what you mean about creatures bothering you when you want to be left alone Anjanath was particularly annoying when all I wanted to do was mine for crystals look for honey and herbs and other things but he wouldn't leave me alone at least Jagras will leave you alone and keep going I wish Anjanath would do the same.

Speaking of Anjanath I've noticed something different about them when doing the proving quest I've noticed that they now spit fire I! I'm not sure if that's limited to that specific quest I'm going to fight one offline to see if the offline Anjanath's spit fire, if only it was blue fire like in the 2014 Godzilla movie that would be more impressive.

I've noticed these little cat like creatures (not palicos) that throw bombs at me I forget what they are called but they are really annoying 2 of them alone nearly killed me those little pests are not worth fighting.
Old 08-03-18, 19:48   #17
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I know what you mean about creatures bothering you when you want to be left alone Anjanath was particularly annoying when all I wanted to do was mine for crystals look for honey and herbs and other things but he wouldn't leave me alone at least Jagras will leave you alone and keep going I wish Anjanath would do the same.

Speaking of Anjanath I've noticed something different about them when doing the proving quest I've noticed that they now spit fire I! I'm not sure if that's limited to that specific quest I'm going to fight one offline to see if the offline Anjanath's spit fire, if only it was blue fire like in the 2014 Godzilla movie that would be more impressive.

I've noticed these little cat like creatures (not palicos) that throw bombs at me I forget what they are called but they are really annoying 2 of them alone nearly killed me those little pests are not worth fighting.
All Anjanaths can spit fire. It's one of the attacks they start using after you've damaged him to the level where he's pissed off. That's why his armor is a good set to build because it has good fire protection. In fact I'm looking, right now, to create a High Rank Anjanath armor set to use against Teostra... the next Elder dragon I have to fight, who uses fire as a main weapon.

Oh yeah, Gajalaka's... (I had to look up the spelling). They are a pain. Killing them seems to be the only way, at least that I've found, to get throwing knives which you can use to create poison knives and other types for your slinger. They are tough considering their small size.
Old 09-03-18, 09:18   #18
DragonSlayer

Quote:
All Anjanaths can spit fire. It's one of the attacks they start using after you've damaged him to the level where he's pissed off. That's why his armor is a good set to build because it has good fire protection. In fact I'm looking, right now, to create a High Rank Anjanath armor set to use against Teostra... the next Elder dragon I have to fight, who uses fire as a main weapon.

Oh yeah, Gajalaka's... (I had to look up the spelling). They are a pain. Killing them seems to be the only way, at least that I've found, to get throwing knives which you can use to create poison knives and other types for your slinger. They are tough considering their small size.
It's only very recently that the Anjanath's started using fire attacks on me when I first encountered the Anjanath he would only use physical attacks on me like charging, hitting me with his tail, kicking and biting, which is why I was surprised when he started using fire attacks on me.
Old 13-03-18, 17:44   #19
interstellardave

I'm on the final story mission now! After that I'll just be grinding out gear and facing tougher versions of existing monsters.

Old 14-03-18, 18:30   #20
DragonSlayer

Quote:
I'm on the final story mission now! After that I'll just be grinding out gear and facing tougher versions of existing monsters.

I'm going to fight Nergigante next I'm not going to try and fight him solo I started the mission just to see what he looked like, 20 seconds later I was dead, I've noticed that the anjanaths are becoming more and more aggressive while they were always aggressive since I started doing the proving quest their aggression levels seem to have gone through the roof.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 14-03-18 at 18:32.