Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 19-03-18, 11:32   #21
interstellardave

Nergigante is always a tough fight. I finished the story and went back to farm him this weekend. I had more failures than successes, especially solo. Even in teams of 4 I had several failures but they were more other people falling rather than me. I felt I did well enough in the groups. I managed to beat him 4 times yesterday and upgrade one of my swords to it's level 7 version. I think I need to either get a high "earplugs" skill or "anti-tremor" skill to make fighting him easier. There's too many times where I'm staggering around, unable to do anything. And that gets you killed if he slams down on you before you can recover.

Last edited by interstellardave; 19-03-18 at 11:34.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 18:08   #22
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Nergigante is always a tough fight. I finished the story and went back to farm him this weekend. I had more failures than successes, especially solo. Even in teams of 4 I had several failures but they were more other people falling rather than me. I felt I did well enough in the groups. I managed to beat him 4 times yesterday and upgrade one of my swords to it's level 7 version. I think I need to either get a high "earplugs" skill or "anti-tremor" skill to make fighting him easier. There's too many times where I'm staggering around, unable to do anything. And that gets you killed if he slams down on you before you can recover.
I've made it past Nergigante and i fought Kushala Daora last night and killed it, I had a go at trying to kill Vaal Hazak and Teostra several times and got killed every time I'm not looking forward to killing all the required elder dragons to unlock the trophy for killing 50 elder dragons. I also encountered a black diablos luckily it didn't try to attack me if black diablos is anything like the dark aeons in Final Fantasy 10 then I've got my work cut out for me, I got so irritated at trying and failing to kill the other two elder dragons that I decided to go on a search and destroy hunt to blow off some steam I think I hunted some uragan's.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-18, 11:05   #23
interstellardave

How goes it? Have you finished the story yet? You were close with your last post.
Old 29-03-18, 08:18   #24
DragonSlayer

Quote:
How goes it? Have you finished the story yet? You were close with your last post.
I haven't finished the story yet I've made it past all three elder dragons, Teostra was the toughest of the elder dragons but once I figured out that before the majority of his attacks red sparks appear he was rather easy to defeat I retreated every time I saw the sparks it still took a few goes before he went down, I've had a few goes at the final boss still haven't defeated him, I did fight a Deviljho last night I expected that Deviljho would be a tough creature to fight but he was surprisingly easy to kill,his attacks seem to be limited to one physical attack and medium to long range fire breath, I'm not sure if Deviljho has any other attacks if he does I don't remember them but I think he is just limited to the attacks I mentioned above, I was hoping for more of a challenge from Deviljho.
Old 29-03-18, 17:41   #25
interstellardave

I haven't actually fought Deviljho yet. Been busy grinding other monsters for gear, like Nergigante and Xeno Jiva. I just avoid him when I encounter him because I never like getting sidetracked on expeditions! You're doing really well if you found him easy, from what I've heard... or maybe your build is particularly effective against him. I agree about Teostra being the hardest of the elder dragons. You gotta have good fire defense because, even if you avoid his attacks, there's fire all over the place when fighting him.
Old 29-03-18, 20:12   #26
DragonSlayer

Quote:
I haven't actually fought Deviljho yet. Been busy grinding other monsters for gear, like Nergigante and Xeno Jiva. I just avoid him when I encounter him because I never like getting sidetracked on expeditions! You're doing really well if you found him easy, from what I've heard... or maybe your build is particularly effective against him. I agree about Teostra being the hardest of the elder dragons. You gotta have good fire defense because, even if you avoid his attacks, there's fire all over the place when fighting him.
I was wearing the Aloy armour while fighting the elder dragons and deviljho maybe I just got lucky with that first deviljho and the next one will put up more of a fight and might just be as aggressive as an anjanath, while fighting Teostra I had to switch weapons a few times my weapon of choice the hammer which I always use when fighting any creature wasn't much use against Teostra neither was the sword that I tried in the end I switched to luminous daggers which while not doing much damage allowed me to stay on the move throughout the fight I was willing to sacrifice the massive damage I would have inflicted with my hammer in exchange for staying on the move and not being a sitting duck for Teostra's attacks.
Old 30-03-18, 11:03   #27
interstellardave

The Aloy armor isn't an option for me but I am looking forward to the Dante armor and weapons. That's going to be bad-ass!
Old 30-03-18, 12:12   #28
DragonSlayer

Quote:
The Aloy armor isn't an option for me but I am looking forward to the Dante armor and weapons. That's going to be bad-ass!
I fought a second deviljho last night when I tried the food chain dominator quest that deviljho was really aggressive just like an anjanath, annoyingly the game wouldn't let me set off an SOS flare even though it said I would be able to do so after the cutscene, the SOS flare option was greyed out it's a bit annoying in a game where you can team up with other players to take down a monster that the game won't let me do it for the dominator quest, that only happened once before during a story quest if I recall correctly it was the mission where I had to hunt a Barroth in the rotten vale, maybe it was a glitch that stopped me from sending an SOS flare in the dominator quest I'll try again later and see if the SOS flare option is still greyed out, if it stays greyed out I might not bother trying the dominator quest again.
Old 30-03-18, 14:40   #29
interstellardave

For some reason no-one ever answers my SOS's. Yet, when I answer other people's SOS's I often fail to get in because it's filled up. And when I get in it always seems to fill up to the full compliment of hunters. When it's my mission, though, no-one comes. Consequently I rarely try anymore... I just get into someone else's if I can.
Old 30-03-18, 15:39   #30
DragonSlayer

Quote:
For some reason no-one ever answers my SOS's. Yet, when I answer other people's SOS's I often fail to get in because it's filled up. And when I get in it always seems to fill up to the full compliment of hunters. When it's my mission, though, no-one comes. Consequently I rarely try anymore... I just get into someone else's if I can.
My SOS's always seem to get answered and some don't very few of my SOS'S go unanswered very rarely are quests filled up so I can't join them more often than not more than 10 minutes have passed since the start of a quest so I don't join those anymore I did join one of them but got so little out of it that I don't bother with quests that have gone past the ten minute mark, one other thing that annoys me about MHW is that when I post my own quest it can take up to ten minutes for join settings to be for lack of a better word finalised before other players can join my quest which is annoying when I'm hunting a barroth or an anjanath, I'm not sure why this happens or why it has to be ten minutes, the game should be patched to let other players instantly join the quest without having to wait or at least cut the waiting time from 10 to 5 minutes that is irritating when there is a ticking clock on every quest.