Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 26-02-18, 19:17   #21
dcw123

Sure VV and Activision messed Crash up.. but I think they did a damn good job to say that they are not the original creators and are just fans really.
Better than TRA IMO

I do hate the new jumping in terms of pressure sensitivity.
I have started suffering from RSI and it literally hurts when I play any level full of jumping like Generator Room or High Road etc
The fact I have to HOLD X to be able to make a jump - which in the originals I could simply tap X - makes it annoying.
Add the collision to this - its bad.
Had so many times they clearly landed but then slip afterwards - their ghosts clipping the ledges by miles!

Tried to get any Relic on Fumbling in the Dark and I have given up. I had to switch from my thumb to my fingers to jump.. just to make short jumps!

There were nitpicks in 2 and 3 which make me think VV had to rush things.. but these could have been altered so easily.. almost like they forgot or didn't care.
Like in the boulder levels, when not being chased, Crash will still act like he is..
In the old games, he would only run different when chased.. he'd react normally otherwise.
Quite jarring when he does it in a bonus round

Last edited by dcw123; 26-02-18 at 21:32.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-18, 23:48   #22
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
when it comes to Spyro because his movements are so fluid, his glide/hover is a lot more forgiving during platforming and the jumping doesn't have to be so precise, especially since Goomba stomping isn't one of his attacks.
Crash's controls weren't that unforgiving or bad in the originals, but VV made them so much worse, so they could do this again for Spyro.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 18:07   #23
Dazzy

Get ready guys, Spyro's return is so close now.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 19:29   #24
HarleyCroft

I've been more excited for this than Shadow

Rumour also has that the demo will be available where the original demo was hidden in the Crash Trilogy menu screen

https://wccftech.com/spyro-the-dragon-demo-code/

https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/06/s...ndicoot-files/

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 15-03-18 at 19:39. Reason: Added sources
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 19:48   #25
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
I've been more excited for this than Shadow

Rumour also has that the demo will be available where the original demo was hidden in the Crash Trilogy menu screen

https://wccftech.com/spyro-the-dragon-demo-code/

https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/06/s...ndicoot-files/
*foaming at the mouth and running around in circles*
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 15:48   #26
_Seth

Lightbulb

Would anyone else also have not minded Enter the Dragonfly getting thrown in remastered (not remade)? I know it's got a bad rep, but if bugs were fixed and it was 1080p 60FPS (as demonstrated below) it could be quite decent.

_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 15:53   #27
TRfan23
Golden

I agree actually, I didn't mind the game so much in parts. My gripe was mainly due to the bug ridden mess it consisted of and the unnecessary long winded loading times

It's the closest game to the original Spyro's that came out after the third game.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 22:57   #28
Fantasy

Has there been any news on this or is it still rumours?

Last edited by Fantasy; 05-04-18 at 11:46.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 00:48   #29
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Has their been any news on this or is it still rumours?
There’s a listing that Target Online had for a Spyro Trilogy for PS4 that came out this week and the Internet found out about it. Speculation that Target accidentally spilled the beans about the trilogy. Not for sure yet as the whole thing is pretty hush hush if it is in the works
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 05:42   #30
Uzi master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
I agree actually, I didn't mind the game so much in parts. My gripe was mainly due to the bug ridden mess it consisted of and the unnecessary long winded loading times

It's the closest game to the original Spyro's that came out after the third game.
The levels were massive, but empty and uninspired. Fixing load times and bugs would be nice, but it wouldn't come close to making it a good game.

The animations were shoddy, every minigame was overly long and boring, the plot was non-existent in the worst possible way.

(There's nothing wrong with a simple or out of focus plot, they just did it poorly. Spyro 1 was simple too, but it worked. Gnasty turned the dragons to crystal, go free them! The world wasn't fleshed out in any extensive way, but it fit together and had proper themes; unlike the random slew of theme worlds in EtDF. The balloonists being too sad to take you to the next area was silly, but it set clear goals and reasons; Riptos portal randomly opening at certain progress levels on the other hand... )
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote