Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-03-18, 04:14   #11
Isaac

South Park: Fractured But Whole.

I was quite surprised in fact, since I adored every bits of Stick of Truth. Maybe because the novelty wasn't as strong?

There was a sentiment of been there, done that, and the thought of going through an adventure game RPG in the same universe with the same kind of joke kind of blocked me. Plus, the way they retconned the "female character" was weird... That's purely personal but I always try to encourage playthrough as female characters whenever I can since there are already so many playable male characters out there... And it was also the first time it was possible in the South Park game franchise universe to create your own female character.

But doing so kind of invalidated the fact my male character spoke in the first game, which created an inconsistencies... And playing like an avatar of me, again, somewhat bored me.

So after the school part where you confirm your gender I just... lost interest.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 12:29   #12
Yuna´s Wish

Devil may Cry
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

While cheap, I do regret buying games I just can't get myself to play.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 12:39   #13
Zebra

Grow Up. I finished and loved Grow Home but the sequel just didn't click with me. I think the world was too big for its own good and the series' traversal mechanics were designed to be fun in the vertical, not the horizontal so it was a pain to move around.

Murdered: Soul Suspect. Encountered a game-breaking bug a few minutes into the game, quit and never went back. (Maybe I should.)

Thief (2014). I quite enjoyed this one but I ended up starting the last mission with a gear set that was unsuitable for it so when I got to the boss, I couldn't defeat him. Would've had to quit the mission, equip other shiz and do the whole mission up until the boss fight all over again. Couldn't be bothered.

Alpha Protocol. I freaking loved this game but I became a victim of its lack of polish/QA testing. Similarly to Thief, I played myself into a corner where I'd levelled up in a way that I could not defeat a mid-game boss so I had to stop.

Hitman: Absolution. Started playing it, didn't find it very fun, stopped playing it.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Same story, basically. Tried it, didn't like it.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 00:48   #14
Costel

Tomb Raider LAU trilogy.
Nothing from those game made me want to see what is next. I forced myself to play 3-4 hours of each but I couldn´t more.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 01:35   #15
robm_2007

Metal Gear Solid V
There's zero story and no variety in missions and I hear you have to jump through all these hoops to "beat" the game's final few missions, so I gave up after 60 hours and didn't care to complete it.

Skyrim
I hear there's a story mode to follow but it was just so boring, I did random missions here and there and wandered around. 40 hours was enough.

The Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
A QTE made me destroy my controller after failing 25 times in a row. Biggest gaming outrage of all time. It's a good game, too! (I rebought it, the HD version but haven't gotten to it).

Portal
I got so far then deleted the game (and my saves). Though I was up to the part where she promises you cake, and you have to do some vertical puzzle where you launch yourself through a hole in a wall (I think?), and I couldn't do it and didn't bother looking up a walkthrough. Didn't feel like starting all over.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
I got up to the final boss and I didn't have saves to reload (I can't recall if they were corrupted or I just didn't save or deleted them), and I didn't have enough supplies to survive. Then my only save corrupted...

Tomb Raider III
I got up to the metro level in London. Hated it. Could not figure out what to do, I even read a walkthrough. I had already had some trouble in India and Nevada, where I had to look up written walkthroughs and that helped (in one case of a texture in India being unknowable as something you could go through), I didn't want to use videos to help me. The written walkthroughs didn't even help in London!

Murdered Soul Suspect

I didn't like anything about this game, really. It's literally a walking simulator and it has absolutely no interesting gameplay or interactions. I consider Gone Home to be a heavy walking simulator (since that's what it is), but the art direction, labyrinth design of the house, the story telling, voice acting, level of detail and interaction is fantastic. MSS has not a single molecule of any of that.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 02:20   #16
matrix54

Ninja Gaiden & Devil My Cry, because I'm garbage.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 02:26   #17
WWETombRaider

Evil Within: No reason for this one. I'd always stop and never continue.

Ni No Kuni: I started this, and played quite a bit of it, but stopped once I got called in for my mandatory military service. The reason I can't go back to it is because I've forgotten the story/mechanics, and don't want/have time to re-play a large chunk of the game

Thief (2014): Hated it.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 04:04   #18
robm_2007

I think I went three years in between playthroughs of Ni No Kuni Played several more hours, then stopped. It's just too damn long! Though the mechanics weren't that hard to get reaquainted with...I was no better then than the first time.

Though that's one I actually intend on eventually completing.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 07:35   #19
Saratova

All roguelites.
Saratova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 09:15   #20
Linoshi Croft

From recent memory...
  • The Evil Within - I literally got to the last section of the game and quit. Had I known that I'd of probably continued but the whole game was such an unenjoyable slog I just couldn't ever be bothered to go back to it.
  • Assassins Creed Unity - The dull plot combined with the overly messy presentation (That map!) really ruined what could of been a fantastic game.
  • Mafia III - It's an OKAY game but it really lacked the charm of what made Mafia II so great.
  • L.A. Noire - I really wanted to like this game but I think the systems which supposedly made it so unique were not executed well at all.
  • The Witcher - I thought the game world of The Witcher was extremely well done but unfortunately the combat and main story weren't anything to sing home about.
  • Alien Isolation - This game was actually really good but I found it way too stressful to play. Plus, I feel like most horror games end up feeling too repetitive and because of it too long.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote