Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-03-18, 02:28   #1
redfox45

Default Street Fighter

After spotting the upcoming release of the 30th Anniversary collection which will include pretty much every single SF game up to 3rd strike.

I recently got back into it for the first time since like 1993 by buying Ultra Street Fighter 4 and naturally i'm completely hopeless but re-learning the fundamentals fast.

Any fans of Street Fighter here?
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 21:45   #2
SunDormant

I like fighting games, although I'm not very good at them, particularly SF. I find its combos and commands really hard to master. I still love the series, though
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 21:23   #3
redfox45

Man tell me about it the learning curve is pretty steep but as a lover of the DMC games im getting a very familiar kick out of putting in time and slowly becoming more and more formidable as I get the mechanics down and the game gets a little less intimidating. It's pretty fun.
Old 10-03-18, 00:14   #4
welshguy34

I prefer Mortal Kombat myself, but loved playing Street Fighter 2 and its sequels during the 90s.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 10:14   #5
Zelda master

In for the collection on the Switch it Capcom doesn't mess the porting up that is. I suck at these games, but still enjoy them on occasion.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 03:06   #6
redfox45

The problem with SF when it comes to playing the game by yourself has always been input reading AI that cheats like an sob.

I mean most fighting games to this day have a habbit of this and it's the absolute worst but none more blatant than street fighter.
If you are going to have the audacity to play it on any difficulty higher than 'baby easiest' you better know the frame and hitbox data of every character on a god-tier level otherwise you're not gonna stand a chance.

Is it just lazy programming or is coding a convincing AI that doesn't cheat like trying to find the cure for the common cold?

Last edited by redfox45; 15-03-18 at 03:08.