Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-06-09, 22:56   #251
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentblossom View Post

...his music touched so many, and it meant alot to many. There is no gauging how much his music helped people, but there is also no denying that he was someone who fully made an impact, not only on music, but on the world.
And I totally agree with what you're saying and I can understand it if anyone feels saddened by his passing away. I'm sorry if my point about mass-hysteria, a perhaps ill-placed comment on celebrity culture in a thread that's supposed to be for Michael Jackson fans sounded inconsiderate.
Old 25-06-09, 22:56   #252
Larapink

I'm Crying now.. :'(
Old 25-06-09, 22:58   #253
Mokono

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentblossom View Post

Its all fine and dandy for you to have an opinion, lords knows I didn't like Michael Jackson as a person, but his music touched so many, and it meant alot to many. There is no gauging how much his music helped people, but there is also no denying that he was someone who fully made an impact, not only on music, but on the world.
Old 25-06-09, 22:59   #254
violentblossom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
And I totally agree with what you're saying and I can understand it if anyone feels saddened by his passing away. I'm sorry if my point about mass-hysteria, a perhaps ill-placed comment on celebrity culture in a thread that's supposed to be for Michael Jackson fans sounded inconsiderate.
I understand what you were trying to convey. Out of shock, I spoke very soon and without really thinking about what I was saying, I'm just sad.
Old 25-06-09, 23:01   #255
Dingaling
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
It's perfectly understandable where you're coming from (though perhaps not at this very moment obviously). It's not always understandable how or why a celebrity touches a person when they may not have even met us but they could have done it through various other ways and I think that's what everyone has to remember.

MJ or any celebrity could have inspired us to get a new hobby which lead to a job, maybe two fans got together and got married or maybe just the act of making a person happy in their darkest hour through his music is all he did but that could've meant the world to them.

Old 25-06-09, 23:16   #256
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
It's perfectly understandable where you're coming from (though perhaps not at this very moment obviously). It's not always understandable how or why a celebrity touches a person when they may not have even met us but they could have done it through various other ways and I think that's what everyone has to remember.

MJ or any celebrity could have inspired us to get a new hobby which lead to a job, maybe two fans got together and got married or maybe just the act of making a person happy in their darkest hour through his music is all he did but that could've meant the world to them.

I think you've conveyed in a very eloquent way, what I failed to consider properly. In all honesty it was a bit of a shock to me as well and my first reaction to anything shocking is to try and rationalise it and help people calm down if they've been more heavily affected than me. Not a good combo though in a MJ appreciation thread though, I appreciate that.

RIP to MJ, I'm sure he's going to get the send-off he deserves.
Old 25-06-09, 23:18   #257
takamotosan

It's so sudden
He was a creeper, but he could dance pretty much anyone into the ground.
Old 25-06-09, 23:24   #258
Thorir

Sorry for his fans.
Old 25-06-09, 23:41   #259
Ward Dragon
Golden

This thread was bumped to report his death, which now has its own thread, so please post in the new thread instead:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=153990
Closed Thread