Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 03-06-16, 06:28   #1
EQuartermain

Default real Lara Croft

i have not played the new game yet but do you think we will ever get the real Lara back. i can live with out the two guns but what i miss must is is her attitude and confidence from the old games
EQuartermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 06:58   #2
ThatSassyKid

If you haven't even played the game, how can you make a thread like this asking such a question?
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 09:02   #3
Heidi_w_

Did we need yet another thread covering this topic?? Given the post count I'm almost suspecting a sock puppet account at this point...

But, fine, I'll bite -- this is a different Lara (hence the "reboot") and thus she doesn't need to be a mirror of her previous incarnation. I'm much more interested in having her move forward and seeing what the writers and dev have in store for her.

Last edited by Heidi_w_; 03-06-16 at 09:06.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 09:09   #4
Lara_Fan1

This might come as a bit of a shock to you Heidi but people can join this forum at any given moment. Whether they're against the games or not, doesn't mean that they're a fake account at all. Well done in giving this person a negative welcome ! I'm pretty sure you're one of these 'I'm sick of negativity on this site' people?

------------

Anyway, I'll start off by being polite, welcome to the forum ...
Actually in Rise she has more of the classic attitude than she did in TReboot ! She's still not quite there yet but she's growing, getting stronger and more confident. I have no doubt that in the third game she would of grown even more.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 09:43   #5
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Actually in Rise she has more of the classic attitude than she did in TReboot ! She's still not quite there yet but she's growing, getting stronger and more confident. I have no doubt that in the third game she would of grown even more.
This, so much.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 11:51   #6
Lara's home

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQuartermain View Post
i have not played the new game yet but do you think we will ever get the real Lara back. i can live with out the two guns but what i miss must is is her attitude and confidence from the old games
It depends on how you view the "real" Lara. Her old bio for example won't come back. If, like you said, you're only after a more sassy attitude, I think we'll get to it. She was a huge improvement in Rise, and the only thing lacking for me.. was a bit of sarcasm and snark. I really enjoyed this iteration of her.

If you disliked her in Rise, though, I don't think you'll enjoy her in the next insallment. Obviously, no one knows, but I doubt she'll be radically different from Rise.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 11:55   #7
_Doppie_

We need a FAQ about it.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 13:42   #8
EQuartermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
This might come as a bit of a shock to you Heidi but people can join this forum at any given moment. Whether they're against the games or not, doesn't mean that they're a fake account at all. Well done in giving this person a negative welcome ! I'm pretty sure you're one of these 'I'm sick of negativity on this site' people?

------------

Anyway, I'll start off by being polite, welcome to the forum ...
thank you for the nice Welcome.

and for the (not so nice welcome person). im sorry if this has been talked about before its no reason to get mad at me
EQuartermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 13:57   #9
_Doppie_

Quote:

and for the (not so nice welcome person). im sorry if this has been talked about before its no reason to get mad at me
Welcome. The forum is pretty tense lately. I seriously think a FAQ could be great - every new members would be aware very quickly about reboot's intention which would prevent it.

To answer you, Reboot Lara is a different character. You shouldn't try to seek Old Lara into Reboot Lara, especially when it comes to iconic elements. Reboot has its own elements and it isn't reboot's intention.

"Forget everything you know about TOMB RAIDER, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game" - My dear Darrell.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 14:45   #10
Dream

Quote:
Hi there and welcome
I have played the games and I feel the same as you believe me there is quite a number of us that do. However as doppie said reboot lara is pretty much a different character to Classic Lara.

I'm just holding on to hope that after this reboot is over they go back to classic lara's ways which they will.

Quote:

Just a little side note here, Your opinions are valid. Don't worry.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote